Highly recommended

Posted by RadekCZ on Jan 31, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Very pleased with this product. I´m 21 and I´ve ordered it in orded to increase effectiveness of Acetyl L-Carnitine and boost brain performance, but I can see many more benefits. 1. really dramatically helped my acne (within 2 weeks my acne went from mild/moderete to none, helps with healing scars as well) 2. can feel much more energy through the day, don´t feel slugish after high carb meals 3. my mind is clearer and performs much better than ever before 4. helps with my gym performance I take in with various different supplements, e.g. Astaxanthin, DHA, vitamin D3, ALCAR, Ginkgo to name a few, but this one has really an edge. However, taking it twice daily, I experience dry lips and skin, so lower dose may be better (300mg 2-3 times daily).

Great product but a word of warning

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 06, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have used this product in the past and it seemed to have a great effect, however I have recently read about its powerful chelating properties that when used properly for this purpose it can have positive effects but you need to be well informed about the way it chelates mercury in particular as it can cross the brain barrier if taken the wrong way it can make things worse by allowing more mercury enter the brain and be dropped in there because of its half life according to Dr Culter's protocol, so I urge any one taking alpha lipoic acid supplements to first read about this matter since you can do more harm than good if you have mercury toxicity and take this supplement the wrong way. blessings

This is a good product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I suffered from nerve-related symptoms of diabetes. My legs are numb ,I can't hardly walk even for a single step.After I taken this supplement for three weeks I feel better.It seems good.

Doctor's Best, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, 600 mg, 180 Veggie Caps

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Mar 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This product is not as high quality as Solgar or Bluebonnet Nutrition.

My legs don't hurt anymore

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 28, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I was taking a prescription for leg circulation and leg cramps. Being a diabetic, I wanted something that would help and more importantly, not be a prescription drug. I started taking the Alpha-Lipoic Acid several years ago and it has helped my greatly.

Must have!

Posted by HealthyPill on Feb 21, 2015 | Verified Purchase

msut have items if you are diabetic or if you have digestive lining issues such gerd, ulcer, barret. it is also effective to help normalize my liver enzymes. AMAzing products! don't take too little dose,it won't have any impact I taks 2 x 2 -morning bfr meal and night bfr sleep.

gives you energy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 18, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I take this after waking up and I have found it makes me less tired during the day.

Blood sugar

Posted by francesjoan on May 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I can only use about 1/2 or less of pill. I think it's aggravating my insomnia. So maybe I don't need as much.

Alpha-lipoic acid for glucose control

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I am a diabetic attempting to control blood glucose levels with diet and exercise, mostly by eating less and fewer carbohydrates or foods with a high glyceamic index. I read that taurine, vanadyl sulfate, and alpha-lipoic acid may assist in glucose control and started using these products two weeks ago. My blood sugar readings have improved since but it is not entirely clear whether this is because of the supplements or because of reduced carbohydrate intake. If you want to try it yourself, I recommend not changing your diet and exercise habits so that you can be sure.

Good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 16, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This product helped me to regulate blood glicose when taken with medicines prescribed by my doctor.