5-htp

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I used this instead of 5-htp for a week. Depression crept in, so I switched back to 5-htp. Will try it again during less stressful times. Tryptophan is supposed to be safer in the long term than 5-htp. The stuff is bitter, and fly away powdery. This is the only brand I have tried.

Good product but hard to swallow

Posted by NBPT10 on Oct 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I gave this three stars only because it does not mix well in water and tastes awefull. But it does help with better sleep. It is cheaper than capsules but I think I will spring for the capsules next time. If you have a capsule filling machine you could try that approach and not have to deal with mixing and trying to get it down your throat. It can be time consuming. L-tryptophan is a precursor to 5-HTP. Some people find that 5-HTP does not work so well for them. If this is you, L-tryptophan is a good alternative. Try it with a small amount of B6 and B3 as they are cofactors and it may work better. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my home page and see more value added reviews. Peace and good health.

Bait & Switch For Same Quantity On Re-Order

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 09, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Placed a re-order for this item, but in the 100g size as on all of my previous orders, and received 50g size for same price. Called IHerb "customer service", and was rudely told "that's the price now, or you can send it back". No answer to my polite inquiry, and no explanation. The product is fine, but I'll seek other sources next time.

nothing

Posted by Scottishdave on Jun 15, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Did not provide myself with the benefits claimed.

Good for extra energy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is the first time ordering the powder, I find it doesn't mix well with any liquid I've tried Residue clings to the bottom and side of glass after your done drinking Back to the capsules for me

See no advantage over straight Melatonin

Posted by LanceSavoy on Sep 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Did not think it worked as well as Melatonin for getting to sleep. Also it really does not mix well with either water or juice.

Ok

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have used Tryptophan for the past few weeks and think it has helped my sleep patterns/mind but also to assist in digestion as well. Overall not a bad product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 11, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Seems to help me sleep. It doesn't dissolve as well as I would like in water. I will try it in a warm liquid in hopes that will work better.

John

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I used this several times over the past couple of weeks it seems to calm me down more than make me sleepy.

not sure I see a difference

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16, 2008 | Verified Purchase

On the occasions I have used it, I have not slept well at all. It might be that I tried it on overly stressful days and my anxiety overrides. I bought it for my son (7) but have not been consistant. It is hard to dissolve, fortunately, it has No taste at all and my son can usually taste anything I try to hide. I was hoping to mix in milk shakes but it suggests not using with Protien...I may try it and see.