unpleasant side effects not experienced with other brands

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 05, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I've used other HCL supplements successfully before, including the Now Foods HCL from iHerb. This Doctor's Best version, however, reliably gives me stomach cramps and heartburn. I'll be switching to another brand.

not good at all

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This gave me severe constipation, I am assuming it is the gentian because I am ok with the other ingredients. I previously used another brand and thought I'd be ok with Dr's Best because it's cheaper, now I have 2x120 bottles to give away. I think I'll go back to the other brand.

How it worked for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 01, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I got this as I take losec for indigestion and wanted to try a natural remedy. For me it did not do what I wanted but it someone else it might.

kind of weak

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 31, 2011 | Verified Purchase

These didn't work for me at all. I had to take 3 with a normal meal. I like the Now brand Betaine Hcl much better, only have to take two for a large meal.

Too strong.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 17, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Too strong for me. I could feel a burning sensation after taking it. Capsules so I could not cut it in half. Will not buy again

Product Did Not Arrive

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 04, 2017 | Verified Purchase

The product did not come nor have you refunded the amount. This is the biggest scam