Dr recomended

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I was recommended HCL in my twenties by my kinesiologist to be taken with protein meals.I never noticed any difference so took them for quite a while and then stopped. Im now 50-I did a metabolic profill with my nutritionist Dr last year- showed up all my nutritional dificiences and gueese what - very low stomach acid and inflamed smll intestines.Did you know that chronicaly high levels of cortisol from having overstimulated "fright ,flight or fight "response ie stress causes the stomach to shut down - who needs to eat when your being chased by scarry tiger(in this day and age its all the modern streesors). So Ineed 5 per meal and still dont feel anything but I will keep taking them becaus your stomach is the hub of your health.I like this combo its the best I found. Tiana Australia

I feel it helps with my digestion problems.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I used to be hyperthyroid but over medication has caused me to become hypo. Along with it came recurrent infections, yeast, bacteria and parasites as well as very low stomach acid and leaky gut and weightloss. I take this with some of my heavy meals of the day but it does get very expensive for me as I have to take very high doses of 9-12 capsules. So a bottle can last me only at most a week or less. I wish there was a bigger more economical bottle. I am not cured and I don't know for how long I have to take this but it helps without making me miserable after meals.

A good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 28, 2016 | Verified Purchase

this is a good product that does the job okay. The only problem here will be that its too low in pepsin, so you wont really get the effects that you would from ex. NOW's Betaine ( because of the lack of pepsin ) . Despite that, this is a good overall boost to any digestive supplement regime.

Seems to be working!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

First of all I like Doctor's Best as a brand and so therefore I trust this is a good product, helps with digestion when I take along with Doctor's Best Digestive Enzymes, we just take one of each with each meal and tremendously helps with bloating and gas.

Gentian Bitters help

Posted by katmakiah on Feb 24, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've only been taking for a couple of weeks, but I do think this is helping with my digestion more than HCL and Pepsin alone were.

good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 05, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Gives more acid to digest fat and proteins

Great for low HCl

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Eliminated digestive problem, specifically burning from low HCl production.

Betaine HCl/Pepsin/Gentian

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 20, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I like this product. I'm still on the fence whether or not it's superior to the NOW Foods product, which happens to be cheaper...

help me to digest!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 09, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have so much problem with digesting foods these days. Not sure it's just my feelings or it really helps, but if i take the pills, I think it does help me to digest easily.

Help digest, and give no burning so seems just good dosage.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 12, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Help digest, and give no burning so seems just good dosage. I also like the added gentian who stimulates normal enzyme production.

1 2