Get rid of the fillers

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 19 2011 | Verified Purchase

I feel SAMe does help my mood as well as my joints. I was excited to find SAMe at this price point. However, Talc and Titanium dioxide are toxic and don't belong in health supplements. I won't repurchase this product until those ingredients are removed. I am glad this product is working for so many people - but please take a look at the "other ingredients" on your supplements!

Showed signs of helping....

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 17 2010 | Verified Purchase

I used to take a prescription antidepressant but stopped about 9 months ago due to negative side affects. My friend was taking Sam-E and suggested I try it. While it did help boost my energy and mood it unfortunately made me break out really bad. I would have never put 2 and 2 together until I left the Sam-E at home on a weekend getaway and my pimples all disappeared. When I started taking it again, they came right back.

Not keen on excipients

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 15 2017 | Verified Purchase

I know titanium dioxide is used for the enteric coating, but I'm not keen on Doctor's Best SAMe for that reason. I now have my SAMe compounded which is more expensive. Also as recommended by my doctor I take 200 mg twice a day rather than a single dose of 400 mg.

Something is very wrong

Posted by tigercho on August 29 2012 | Verified Purchase

I usually buy SAM-e in the form of a prescrived drug from a pharmacy. I bought this for its low price, but it has ZERO effectiveness. It doesn't seem to be absorbed at all.

No positive effects yet

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 1 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have used them for about two weeks now but haven't noticed any positive effects yet. As a side effect my mouth feels very dry after using them.

Felt weird, major depression episode once stopped this after 2 weeks.. didn't work for me

Posted by theveryblonde on January 30 2015 | Verified Purchase

I was very hopeful for SAMe, but the way I felt made me not continue taking it. I noticed positive mood after 3 days taking it, after 2 weeks taking 400 mg per day I started feeling weird, my mood was up but I was anxious and kind of spaced, not feeling myself. This freaked me out because I had such effect after taking some SSRI years ago and I hated such feeling. When I stopped taking this I felt terrible, I had about a week of painful depression.Maybe also my PMS symptoms before period had impact, but I knew it was not only PMS, I never felt this bad before period. I was so desperate and sad that it hurt. My heart was also pumping like crazy. Maybe I should have continued taking it for at least 1 month, but it just didn't feel right. Now I'm afraid to take it again.

didn't help

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 7 2017 | Verified Purchase

I was taking another brand and it worked so good but now discontinued, so I bought this and give it a try. Honestly, No difference after taking this for 2 months, no matter emotional or liver condition. Disappointed.

Not very good.

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 31 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have been fairly unimpressed with Dr's Best products so far. If there have been no major changes in formulation and or/ingredient quality of this SAM-e formulation in the past year, then I would expect they would replicate the average results I got last time. Put simply, not really worth the money.

Mood Changer

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 18 2016 | Verified Purchase

This product seems to make your mood very grumpy. I have not felt like this, very annoyed and aggrevated but as soon as stop taking it my mood changes back to more relaxed and able to feel like going with the flow . I have changed to taking it just before bed and this is better.

Other brand better...

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 12 2018 | Verified Purchase

Stomach burn, bowel pain..

1 2