Works quite well

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 27 2008 | Verified Purchase

I am the type of person that doesn't notice differences in anything. I started having increased social anxiety and decided to try SAM-e and again I didn't notice anything. Until I forgot to take it. Wow. 400mg in the morning and evening seems to work the best for me. If I start feeling anxiety in the afternoon while taking it, I know it's time to take it down to 200mg twice a day.

Veterinary recommendation

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 10 2008 | Verified Purchase

Our vet recommended SAM-e for one of our dogs due to elevated liver enzymes caused by anti-seizure meds. His latest blood test, after using SAM-e (plus milk thistle and vitamin E) showed marked improvement!

It works for me, but be aware of the wind!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 26 2013 | Verified Purchase

I live in England and we have nothing like SAMe 400. I suffer with very bad arthritis in both hands, elbows, wrists and feet. I have painful steroid injections and the Doctor wants me to start a tablet with horrendous side effects. I have been taking this SAMe tablet for a month and have just ordered another box. I already feel the benefit with my arthritis. Its winter here so I am very surprised at how little pain I am having with my joints. During the first 3 weeks of taking the tablet, it effected my tummy quite badly. I was so full of wind that I couldn't place myself in a social situation!!! I had to stay home. I put up with it and by week 4 it is a lot more manageable. A small price to pay for pain free hands and feet. It hasn't had any effect on my mood as yet. I am still a grumpy short tempered soul! But I am hoping that it will. I have found out today that this tablet works so much better if taken with B6 and B12 vitamins at the same time. So I have ordered some and will keep you all posted. Also I am going to try a new joint gel called Flexiseq. Once again, I cant get it in the UK so I am having to get it from Germany. But it has great reviews. Thank you.

good value, effective, but...

Posted by happyherbs on November 29 2012 | Verified Purchase

Very effective mood lifter, but I found the amount here too strong for me overall and this created anxiety and insomnia as a result (now I take 50-100mg only, or take Trimethylgyciene (TMG) instead depending (http://www.raysahelian.com/trimethylglycine.html)), would be good if you want fast results, but be careful taking this amount initially in case of unexpected results or if you have Bipolar in your family. Oh and definitely don't take this at the same time as taking antidepressants! Dr Ray Sahelian has some great balanced info on SAMe here that you may find helpful: http://www.raysahelian.com/sam-e.html (don't buy it from him though, iherb is cheaper ;) )

Promising item

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 29 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this product for about 6 weeks. I started with 400 mg, then went to 800 mg, and today began 1200 mg per day without food. Results are not consistent. Some days are better than others, but generally I believe that Sam-e offers some relief from the chronic pain of arthritis. As far as depression is concerned, I have noticed some minimal improvement.

energy level up

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 26 2013 | Verified Purchase

I cannot explain exactly how this helped, but I felt more energy in my body when I took this.

Lifted Me Out of A Dark Hole!

Posted by Carolanne on July 31 2012 | Verified Purchase

Sam-e has been one of the most amazing additions to my health regimen since having been placed in immediate menopause due to surgery. 400mg turned out to be too high a dose for me. It only took 24 hours to tell that it was too much. I lowered the dose to 100mg by using a pill splitter to get four equal portioned which I then wrapped in plastic wrap (to simulate the bubble packets they should stay in until used) and tucked in my purse. It was necessary to wrap the pieces because they lose effectiveness fairly quickly if they are left out in the air. Even the texture changes from a nice smooth coating to a sticky mess. Anyway, within 24 hours of getting my first 100mg dose my future didn't look so bleak anymore! Within 2 to 3 days, my interest in things I normally love began to return after being absent since my first surgery three years earlier. Happily I am back in the gym and love to go like I used to. My mood evened out as well. 100mg is a potent enough dose for me that if I miss a day I am still fine. Take note that Sam-e is cumulative. It builds up in your system, so if you take 100mg over four days, you will have the full 400mg dose in your body at the end of that 4th day. Everyone is different, but for me it takes about 3 days for me to start noticing that I'm going back into my inexplicable black hole. I would recommend this product to anyone who has had trouble with mood and outlook stabilization, but not without consulting your pharmacist about possible negative interactions with other things you are taking. I gave it 4 stars because it would be nice to have it come in 100mg doses so that I don't have to cut pills and wrap things in plastic wrap for safe storage. Be well!

CFS

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 1 2009 | Verified Purchase

It is a very good product for my CFS, thank you.

It could be working.

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 6 2008 | Verified Purchase

When I first took this I immediately felt very anxious during the day and could not sleep at night. I then started taking 7-keto and this has helped with the anxiety. I still have down periods but this seems to have a similar effect to soroxat, in that when I start to get emotional whether angry or sad it stops me going too far. I seem to move on and forget what upset me. I can also recommend 7-keto or Pregnenolone for social anxiety.

SAM-e

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 25 2008 | Verified Purchase

Honestly feel calmer, less panic attacks, and I KNOW I am calmer at work when the situation gets stressful!