Don't take more than 7 tablets per day

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 21 2008 | Verified Purchase

Pro - this product contains the form of magnesium that is least upsetting to the bowels. Con - cannot use this product to take therapeutic doses of magnesium This product contains Bioperine, which may increase blood levels of prescription medications when more than 15 mg per day is ingested. At 7 tablets (14 mg of Bioperine), you've almost reached the amount you can take daily. That can be a problem when you're trying to take therapeutic doses of magnesium.

Big tablets

Posted by BeHealthyBeHappy on March 10 2015 | Verified Purchase

As other people have noted, the tablets are huge. I knew that before ordering. What I hadn't taken into account, though, was that I'd need to take 4 of those huge tablets daily in order to get 400 mg of Magnesium. I was very hopeful of this supplement because it's chelated Magnesium but gave me tummy issues, nonetheless.

can't feel effect

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 9 2011 | Verified Purchase

Don't know why, but the capsules I tried previously seemed to be much more effective than these

It gives me a headache

Posted by Editka on September 14 2015 | Verified Purchase

I am not sure why, but every time I take it, it gives me a headache. Magnesium citramate from Thorne seems to be a better choice for me.

HUGE Capsules

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 24 2015 | Verified Purchase

I can not swallow it in one piece it is so fatty and huge. I have to break it into half at least. At least it is very tolerable!

They've had a make-over

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 28 2016 | Verified Purchase

I've been using Doctor's Best High Absorption Mag Citrate for a while and have been perfectly happy with them. Tablet size fine and easy to swallow and no problems with laxative effect. However, I've just opened a new pot and the first thing to notice is the tablet shape has changed. Still about the same size but the ends are more rounded and there is now a score/break line across the centre. No problem I thought until I tried swallowing it. They now have a tendency to get stuck in my throat which is where my biggest moan comes about. I don't know what they've chosen to coat them with now but it tastes disgusting! It has a fishy taste and is decidedly unpleasant. I'm very sorry Doctor's Best but I've already ordered an alternative brand as I'm disappointed with the changes you've made to what was a perfectly OK tablet.

This form of Magnesium

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 19 2015 | Verified Purchase

For the purpose needed; did't noticed any difference. Will try different form (?)

Difficult to swallow

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 24 2013 | Verified Purchase

These are fine for content, but large and difficult to swallow. These need to be put into a capsule or slippery coated tablet. If you buy these you can try sone V8 juice or equivalent. They are really nasty when stuck in your throat, when trying to swallow with only water. For this reason, I no longer use these.

pills too big + mild tummy cramps

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 11 2011 | Verified Purchase

i cut it in 1/4; it still gives me mild tummy cramps

Hard to swallow

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 15 2011 | Verified Purchase

These are huge pills. Even when cut in half, they are hard to swallow. And you are supposed to take 2 pills at a time.

1 2 3