Vit C as aromatase inhibitor

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Jan 12, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I find this too harsh to have by itself in water and I don't drink juice or smoothies, so started putting it into vegecaps. Next time I might just get the 360 cap bottle, same brand. Vit C is a proven aromatase inhibitor - beneficial for situations where excess aromatase activity is an issue (e.g. high estrogen). However - is also something to consider if aromatic compounds are an issue (e.g. salicylates, aromatic amino acids) - or low estrogen - more vit C might contribute to the problem (e.g. grey hair). At higher doses it can cause a decrease in both estrogen and progesterone - I've read that amounts over approx 750mg can start to cause hormonal changes that may not be beneficial. Have never had same results from ascorbates - only ascorbic acid. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Works quite well for me!

Posted by Elliecats on Jan 11, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I really like this powder. It's non-GMO and is readily absorbed. I can say that with confidence because if I use more than 2 grams a day, I reach bowel tolerance and wind up in the bathroom. I can take 20 grams of a tablet vitamin C and not have the same results. One of my favorite things to do is mix about 1 gram or a half a gram in a bottle of water with some NOW liquid glycerin stevia and a drop of organic lemon and/or lime essential oil... this is way better than any chemically flavored water! Also, since starting to use this, my bleeding gums have all but disappeared. I will reorder it over and over! I highly recommend but go slow until you figure out your tolerance level. It's likely going to be a lot lower with this than tablets.

quite sour but good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 02, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I was using one I bought in New Zealand which tasted good but I suppose it had sugar in it to make it taste good. This is a bit hard to dissolve - granules quite large - and quite tangy but it is very high powered and easy to take.

Dissolves Well

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 30, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have used a few different brands of vitamin C powder. I find this brand dissolves the most thoroughly and quickly.

AAA+ Awesome, Amazing, Affordable!

Posted by Expat American in PH on Mar 20, 2017 | Verified Purchase

What an incredible vitamin C powder & so easy to take! When I was research vitamin C, there were various types to choose from & of course I didn't want anything coming out of China as some company buy from there because it's cheaper. Thankfully I found Quali-C which is produced in Scotland! This powder is so easy to take by mixing it in some water or juice (sometimes I add it to a shake) & though it recommends 1/4 teaspoon, I usually only use 1/8 teaspoon or sometimes 1/16 because of the amount one receives in this. It's easy to give to my children too by mixing it in their juice any time during the day. The flavor is like lemonade without sugar & if it's too sour, one can add some honey or other natural sweetener to it to help make it more palatable. My favorite way to take it is to actually mix it in lemonade to boost the flavor!! Overall I like what Linus Pauling had to say about vitamin C & I see this as the best way to take large amounts of it but my first time doing so had me visiting the toilet a few times during the day, so moderation is best! Still I usually take 1/4 teaspoon in the morning before going to work & 1/4 before going to bed to help with stress (since vitamin C is depleted by stress) & I haven't been sick in some time while coworkers around me are coughing & sneezing. This is something I would recommend to have one hand & take with you where ever you go to help keep you healthy all year round!

Excellent product!

Posted by WhiteRose on Feb 03, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Excellent value for money

ok but pricey

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 30, 2015 | Verified Purchase

It's not as sour as other ascorbic acid but is just too pricey for vitamin c for such a small bottle. will stick to standard sodium ascorbate instead.

Excellent and NOT sourced from China

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 22, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I love this. I dissolve it in water and add a little stevia, and it's a great beverage. It's not easy to find Vitamin C powder that isn't from China, but this it. Certified and much more likely to be free of contaminants.

Great food supplement in powder form

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 10, 2015 | Verified Purchase

- Easy to absorb by body - Value for money

Can't live with out it

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 07, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I suffered from muscular and tissue pain due to degenerative disc problems as well as cervical stenosis. Daily burning tingling needles like sensation all over my shoulders, neck and upper body, it is pretty painful. Within 30 minutes of taking this Vitamin -C all of my pain started to subside tremendously to the point where I finally felt like myself again for the first time in years. Doctors were no helped at all with this. Thank God for Vit-C. I can't live without it now. This brand also sells Pureway-C caps version, It works just as good the only thing is it's a slower release so relief takes longer than this powder. The upside is you don't have to taste this (ascorbic acid) if you want to save a few bucks buy capsules and fill them in yourself. Check my profile for more info on what I have found to be helpful.

1 2 3 4