High dose of DHA & EPA, but low in Astaxanthin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 27, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I want to like this krill oil more because it probably has the highest dose of DHA and EPA around. Unfortunately, its Astaxanthin content is exceptionally low! (only min. 30 mcg per serving, which is 2 caps) Astaxanthin is the most potent anti-oxidant on earth and it doesn't only protect your body tissue, it also protects our skin from sunburn and prevents the product (in this case the DHA & EPA in the krill oil) from oxidation. The reason why krill oil is much more stable than fish oil is because it has Astaxanthin in it. We need at least 0.2 mg of Astaxanthin per gram of krill oil as a minimum to have this effect. The krill oil may not be stable if the Astaxanthin level is less than that. If the EPA or DHA is already oxidated then there's no reason to take it. I will be switching to another brand that has a higher level of astaxanthin, with no soy added.

good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 10, 2017 | Verified Purchase

no more fish smell

Dr.'s Best krill oil w DHA and EPA

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 03, 2012 | Verified Purchase

The easy to swallow caplets have been easy for me to accommodate to but my skin feels smoother w/ LEF fish oil. GREAT price! thank you iHerb!

First time using this product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 10, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I decided to give Krill Oil a try as a supplement instead of flaxseed oil. As of this writing, it seems to be working quite well. I intend to reorder it & use it for a more extended period, then I will be in a better position to evaluate this product.