Good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 31, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have used NOW's pepzin, but this Doctor's brand is surely better since it only offers Pepzin whereas NOW includes 2 other herbs and additives... It may sound confusing why Doctor's is better, but after using NOW's for 2 months I have developed moderate stomach spasms whenever I take the pills due to either slippery elm or other herbs or additives in NOW's product...I suspect this is allergic reaaction... i can't take the product anymore. When I want to buy Pepzin, I want to buy Pepzin,.. not a combination of other things that really doesn't help me with stomach illness. Doc's product offers ony Pepzin and that is all I need!

Superior! Magnificent!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Works marvelously. Relieved me from many years of indigestion, heartburn, sour stomach, belching and general digestion discomfort. I felt immediate improvement 20 min after taking the very first pill. I was taking it for 2 weeks as prescribed, 2 pills a day. After 2 weeks, I felt certain tension and discomfort in the stomach. I realized that for this session, the drug achieved maximum of what it could. So, I stopped taking it on the regular basis, resorting to it only as-necessary, which is approximately for a couple of days in one-two months, in case of upset stomach.

A Lifesaver for Ulcerated Stomachs

Posted by HelloItsMe on May 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This helped me heal ulcers caused by powerful oral meds during a hospitalization. Took 2 per day (1 w/ breakfast, 1 with dinner), along with a regimen including Mastic Gum (AM & PM on an empty stomach), DGL as needed, Yogi Stomach Ease Tea, & Goldenseal to help heal the ulcers. EXCELLENT results. This can help people w/ gastritis as well. Highly recommended--while stomach was healing, could definitely tell the difference when I forgot to take!

Great Stuff!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have suffered with Gastritis for a few years now, and have tried several different perscriptions, they work for awhile then I have to find a new one. My natural medicine doctor told me about how zinc/L-carnosine helps to heal the lining of the stomach, not just shut the pump off! The Doctors Best PepZinGI is working very good, and I am feeling better everyday. Will order this again!!!

Wonderful Product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have scarring on my esophagus from years of acid reflux disease and suffer from frequent heart burn and indigestion. I have learned to not eat late in the evening and sleep propped up in bed. Unfortunately, I also have to take an NSAID for arthritis and have been recently diagnosed with internal bleeding. I came across your product doing a google search on stomach ulcers. I am only into a few weeks of the regimen, but I can't tell you what a difference it has made in my comfort level. Unless I eat something I shouldn't late at night, I have stopped waking up with heartburn acid reflux. And, swallowing, which was a problem because of scar tissue on my esophagus, is much easier. I return to the doctor soon for a recheck of the bleeding and fully expect it to be less, if not gone.

The Wonder of L-Carnosine!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Having had too many antibiotics in the past for various ailments, & also suffering from Irritable Bowel, my intestinal mucosa was suffering greatly. Since taking Pepsin GI, I am feeling so much better & able to eat foods which would previously cause adverse effects. I feel so much 'stronger' in the digestive area & that my immune system is far better than it has been for a long time.

Heals your stomach

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 10, 2010 | Verified Purchase

PepZinGi really works to heal your stomach. I take an anti inflammatory every day which can really mess up your stomach. I have been taking PeZinGi for a couple of years and hope it never goes off the market. I don't have any stomach problems ever since I began taking this product. It takes a few weeks, of consistent use, to heal up your stomach and then a maintenance dose. This is a miracle product.

good results

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I was taking ulcetrol from Now with much success. PepZinGI was an ingredient at this dosage, as was mastic gum. I have switched to this and Allergy REsearch Group Mastic Gum. It has been two weeks and I am very pleased. This combo is much cheaper than the Now Ulcetrol.

Excellent treatment for GERD

Posted by nmbenzo on Jul 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I ordered PepZin GI to treat heartburn problems that were brought on by the wearing down of my stomachs lining, due to stress, diet, and alcohol. The product arrived to Korea within seven days, thus, for a very cheap shipping rate. I am very happy I have discovered iHerb! Furthermore, I had been prescribed a six week treatment of Protonix by a Korean doctor, however, I due to many PPI side effects (none of which I actually experienced), I wanted to go a the au-natural route if possible. After about two weeks on this product, I am very impressed. Foods that normally cause me stomach discomfort and reflux are consumed with no problems. I just feel healthier using this product, knowing it is helping to strengthen and repair my stomach's lining and natural defenses. I'm combining this with NOW DGL, and my results are excellent! Thanks iHerb!

Relieves Stomach Pain, Discomfort, Heartburn, and Acid Reflux

Posted by rabbit on Aug 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Recently, I was under a great deal of stress and was having constant pain in my upper abdomen. I am not sure what it was, but it felt like it might be pain from gastritis, ulcers, and/or hiatal hernia. The pain started a few months after I began taking Potassium Gluconate, which I later learned can cause gastritis. I started taking Doctor's Best PepZinGI along with mastic gum, licorice (DGL), slippery elm, and acidophilus. The combination significantly soothed the pain I was having. I am no longer having those pains, so whatever it was must have healed. Whenever it feels like my food may have been too acidic or I have overeaten during a meal, this is the first supplement I take. It relieves stomach pain, discomfort, heartburn, and acid reflux very quickly. I recommend this for anyone with digestive or gastrointestinal issues.