It works almost perfect!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 07, 2015 | Verified Purchase

We live near a forrest and have had an issue with our cat coming in with several ticks on him everyday (anything from 1 to 7 ticks a day). However, just 4 weeks ago, as spring arrived in Norway, our poor cat came indoors one evening with a record amount of ticks on him; 14 ticks, to be exact, ON HIM (comepletely true... I'm still in shock!!), and several loose ones crawling on his fur...!! We got all panicky, as we have a toddler and a 8 month old baby crawling around the house, and it really is one of my biggest fears that they should get bitten by a tick (for fear of further illness), so we went online and did our reseach, and bought Dr. Mercola's "flea and tick defense" (as well as organic tea tree oil, which is really good to have in the cupboard if any of us should get bitten! -not to be used on the cat though!). While we were waiting for it to arrive, our poor cat was of course in house arrest, as there was no way we could risk him bringing more ticks into our house untill we had our "defense"! When the tick repellent came, we did as instructed on the bottle, and during the next three days, our cat only got two ticks!! And so it has been since; every few days a tick will have founds its way through our "defense", but the differance is incomparable. So it doesn't work 100%, but it certainly is better then the average 3-4 ticks a day that we were used to, and not to say A LOT BETTER then the extreme amount he's had sometimes! So we're sticking to it, and we're very grateful that there is a healthy, non-toxic tick repellent out there! So, thank you, Dr Mercola!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 17, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Great stuff. I even spray it on myself and my sheets to keep away things that bite that I can not see.

On our 2nd bottle..

Posted by CharmaineEzra on May 22, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Was looking for a natural and effective flea and tick spray for our 2 doggies. This definitely works, no problems since we started using this and no more chemicals..

sorry to say

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 03, 2016 | Verified Purchase

well I was excited when I read about this product but sadly the reality did not meet my expectations... the spray action was such a fine mist it was very frustrating... the smell was most unpleasant... the effect on the coat of my dog was horrid ... the defense part was the biggest disappointment of all the product made no difference to the fleas

Works great on cats and me!

Posted by Cymriccat on Aug 17, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Cats do not care for the smell much. I use a 4x6" piece of paper towel dampened and squeezed out, then spray this on it til wet and lightly run it over my cats ears, necks, and body and then rub it in their neck hair a bit more and get their tails well. Keeps the fleas, seed ticks and mites off of them. Keeps gnats, no-seeums and mosquitos off of us all as well.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 07, 2016 | Verified Purchase

good for use

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 06, 2018 | Verified Purchase

pleasant smell, dog doesn't mind, feels high quality.

Very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 18, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I first bought the tick collar for my dog, and that was good too, but I took it off the dog and forgot to put it back on etc. So later I got a bottle of Flea and tick defense, and I'm very pleased with the results. Ticks just seem to hate the smell. I spray some on myself as well. The drill is just to spray a fine mist on us both before we go out in the woods. Would recommend this if you dont want to use chemicals on your dog(who would ever put an insecticide on themselves that lasted for 3 months?). I have used my own concoction with neem oil, which has also been very effective, but the smell of garlic isn't too pleasant. To sum it up: Dr. Mercolas Flea and Tick defense works and the smell is "fresh"!