SAVED MY SKIN!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Dr. Ohhira's probiotics were successful in curing my cystic acne. I have tried countless others, including Garden of Life. After 3 weeks, the changes in my skin were remarkable. After having tried everything including dangerous prescription meds plus dietary changes (no dairy, no refined sugars, no caffeine), nothing worked. I tried Dr. Ohhira probiotics based on another reviewer saying it helped her cystic acne, and I'm so glad I did. I just had to leave a review with the hopes that another desperate person with bad acne will read this and benefit from it. That's paying it forward. Best wishes to all.

Incredible

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I'm still in disbelief as I write this. I was diagnosed with Blastocystis Hominis, and went through 6 months of hell trying to get rid of this stomach bug. I constantly had diarrhea and lost a lot of weight. I did months and months of research trying to find a cure, and I tried pretty much everything out there: multiple antibiotics, natural remedies such as oregano oil, wormwood, black walnut hulls, cloves, grapefruit seed extract, Sovereign Silver, and even probiotics such as Culturelle, S. Boulardii and the really expensive VSL3. None of these regimens worked, although some helped more than others. Completely depressed and knowing that I had wiped out most of my flora (none of the probiotics would stop the diarrhea), I decided to try Dr. Ohhiras - especially based on all the positive reviews. I have to admit that I didn't think it would help, but I ordered it along with Heather's Tummy Care off iHerb, hoping that it would at least help alleviate my stomach issues. I took this in addition to already taking Zenpep and Doctor's Best Betaine HCL (for low stomach acid). Well, I just received my third test back in 4 months, and all three confirmed what I already knew and felt: the Blasto has been eradicated! The diarrhea completely stopped and most of my other stomach issues are slowly resolving. My primary doc and gastroenterologist are all amazed that I was cleared of Blasto using this probiotic, and asked me to bring it in on my next visit (they have not had any luck using antibiotics or other herbs on almost any of their other patients). Just wanted to say a huge thank you to Dr. Ohhira for making such an incredible product. You really saved my life. And thanks to iHerb for carrying this product. I would give it 10 stars if I could. If anyone reading this is suffering from a Blasto infection, I would say try this before doing any antibiotics or other harsh treatment. The antibiotics are what caused the diarrhea in the first place, and I could have saved a lot of grief if I tried this first. Just remember it takes a couple months for this probiotic to work. Just have faith, reduce your stress and also stop any antioxidants momentarily (a recent study showed that antioxidants can suppress treatments to eradicate anaerobic organisms like Blasto). I hope this will help anyone who is going through what I went through. Best wishes.

outstanding

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 25, 2007 | Verified Purchase

My 2 yr old son has suffered with respiratory problems most of his life. He has had 2 prednisone 5 day doses(just in October alone)and respirator treatments albuterol 4x day and pulmocort 2x day for 6mo with little relief. Everytime he gets a cold he wheezes and his breathing rate increases. I wanted to try anything. He has been on probiotics for 1 month and has not been sick once and this is November!!! I am so hopeful this will work for the long term. When I was pregnate with him I had a sinus infection for 8 weeks. The put me on several antibiotics that were supposedly safe but I wonder if they messed his good bacteria up in his gut. I highly reccommend this product for any child that is chronically sick.

CLEARED ME OF CYSTIC ACNE!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 02, 2006 | Verified Purchase

I had terrible cystic acne from being on two cycles of antibiotics for two years FOR THE minor acne I had previously. Antibiotics allowed yeast to dominate my intestine and my body with their poisons (mycotoxins) which came out my skin as acne. Within two days I could tell the cysts on the back of my neck were decreasing in size and I had no new pimples on my face when I woke up. I was amazed because I had tried several other probiotics before with no availe! I highly recommend Dr. Ohhira's probiotics!

HB, RN

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 03, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Dr. Ohhira's 12+ gives me an extreme overall feeling of well being. This product has an amazing positive affect on my entire body-- inside and out. I've suffered since I was a little girl with an overgrowth of yeast in my colon with severe bloating--i have gained 10 lbs in one day from bloating and swelling. When I take this product I don't have any bloating or swelling! It makes me feel alive. My skin becomes softer and I look prettier.

Saved my skin!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 13, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I had horrible cystic acne around my jaw line and started taking Dr. Ohira's twice a day. My skin looks great and I hardly ever get the cysts anymore. I stopped the antibiotic and retinoids my dermatologist gave me and my skin thanks me (and Dr. Ohira) every day!

Entrococcus and Streptoccocus are a Dangerous Combination!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 06, 2012 | Verified Purchase

When i first ordered this - Iherb did not list the two bacteria in its ingridients - these two can swing into good or bad (much like ohio in all elections) if you have a weak immune system - Entroccocus and Streptococcus can make you very very sick - i knew a lad who got hospitalized for a few weeks! I myself, had to take an antibiotic for a streptococcus attack which i got from a cheaper Probiotic by 21st Century, be careful with this - but i am going to send this back to iherb.

Wow!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 27, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I don't want to jinx things, but I was using Garden of Life Primal Defense (which I love), and added the Dr. Ohhira's in at night because I had 2 boxes and lo and behold, since the week I started Dr. Ohhira's just once a day, my acne has cleared up, and pore size is improving. It seems to be controlling my overly oily skin which no other topical product has come close to. Really, really like this product. By using both, I think I have an excellent range of probiotic defense coverage, however, I fully credit the improvement in my skin to this product alone. Highly recommend Dr. Ohhira's products to anyone wanting a good probiotic formulation.

Much Cheaper Elsewhere - $16 Cheaper !!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I'm rating the price, not the product, as I've only been using it for a few days. I've been a long-term iHerb customer, but I won't be purchasing this product here until there's a significant price adjustment. Sorry iHerb, but a $16 difference is just too much!

From bladder infections to colds

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 23, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have had constant bladder infections for 8 years now. Antibiotics are worthless to me. I am now immune and hate them. I just gave up hope. I stumbled across these pills looking for my Bengal cats to have some good probiotics. Well I have ordered many boxes now. I refuse to be without. I love them. I also get 2-4 colds every single year like clock work. I have yet to get a cold since I take these. The only time i take them is when I feel a hint of a sore throat or my bladder infection and it nips them both right off. I have never even taken the pills more then 2 days in a row, never needed to. My brother and my husband just had very bad colds go through our house. No problem for me. My daughter also gets bad bladder infections. No more after I give her a days worth of pills. I just love these things.