Neutral on this product

Posted by khessel on Aug 09, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I know this product got rave reviews, but I didn't really do anything for me. I bought it because I had been consuming kefir to get natural probiotics, and I was tired of buying milk all the time to keep the culture going. (I was buying organic milk and it was getting really expensive). I'm switching back to kefir, it was much better for my digestive system.

Perhaps an overrated product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I think it is worth trying other probiotics before deciding on this expensive product for regular usage.

Good, but...

Posted by PaulaSutton on Mar 25, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is a decent priobiotic but Dr. Ohira sells another product that contains horse oil and I cannot support the slaughter of horses for a beauty or bath product. No worries, however, because there are many high-quality probiotics on the market and on iherb. Just look for a GMP (good manufacturing process) seal on the bottle and look for enterically coated probiotics (so the probiotics survive your stomach acids unharmed and make it into your small and large intestines where they do the most good). Also it is helpful to look for a high bacteria count probiotic if you need extra digestive support. Culturelle has a great reputation but there many others that are terffic as well. I am currently taking at priobiotic made by Renew Life, which is milk and lactose free--the bacteria cultures are grown on a garbanzo base rather than milk base.

Good product

Posted by Ozbeach on Nov 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

IMO, probiotics should be part of everyone's daily regimen. Love that it is vegetable based, fermented and complete with prebiotics, probiotics and digestive enzymes. Also, love that it is stable at room temperature (will put it in the fridge during hot summer days though). Didn't give 5 stars as it is inconvenient to take (wait 45mn before breakfast and 1h1/2 after dinner). I end up forgetting the evening one which is maybe why I haven't felt any drastic changes. Didn't have digestive issues to start with. Less colds but I eat cleanly and take vit D. Used to suffer for recurrent thrush, now gone (could be low carb diet+ stopped the pill)Thumnbs up for excellent prices, service, shipping rates at iHerb.

Didn't notice any results

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 20, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Bought these after reading all the raving reviews here on i-herb. I followed the dosage religiously for 2 months. I am sure they didn't harm me during that time, but didn't notice any health improvements either...

Deborah Werkowski

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 18, 2008 | Verified Purchase

So far I have not notice any difference in bloating after I eat. This may not take care of the symptoms. The product on the delivery was expedient and I truly have no complaints.

Not Vegan

Posted by rabbit on Sep 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This product contains beeswax which means that it is not vegan as claimed. UPDATE: Product info has been changed to reflect the fact that this product is vegetarian, not vegan as originally claimed.

technically good probiotic

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 07, 2009 | Verified Purchase

However, you need to be certain that you are home when you order probiotics. I found the box thrown over my fence in the hot sun and I actually have no idea whether it's really working or if the strains died or not.

되게 유명한 유산균 제품이라 해서 구매했는데 효과 탁월한지 모르겠음

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 15, 2016 | Verified Purchase

이 제품도 엄청 비싼데 비싼만큼의 값을 못하는듯 한 통 꾸준히 다 먹었지만 장이 편안해졌는지 별로 체감하지 못했어요

I had high hopes, but...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 16, 2014 | Verified Purchase

After reading all the glowing reviews, I had high hopes for this pricey probiotics. So I'm sad to report that I don't notice much difference. Fyi, I did a loading dose and took them hours after food and on an empty stomach before bed and first thing in the morning. I also finished the box so I believe I gave them enough time. I think it just didn't have a noticeable effect on me because I'd already been taking probiotics (jarrows and fermented food) for a long time. I was hoping for a boost with these and even better health, but maybe that's not really possible. So these pills might be better for those with illnessness or chronic gut issues, rather than those who are already pretty healthy. Also the capsules are small and very easy to swallow. They smell pleasant to me, kind of like soya sauce.