Do your insides a favor!

Posted by jakuta on August 4 2009 | Verified Purchase

I suffer from Candida and have used numerous supplements to combat the problem. Many I have liked ( i.e. Fungal Defense, Primal Defense) but this hands down is the best nutritional supplement I have ever taken. It has truly reinvented my intestinal health. My bowels have become regular and I am digesting better. Water retention has vastly improved. Energy levels are way up. Mental clarity and focus is also much better. I have recommended this product to all my friends and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in overall good health. I have used three months worth of Dr Ohirra's Probiotics 12 PLUS and believe that the Original and Professional Formulas are equally effective. As for Dosage, I would highly recommend the loading phase of 5 pills in the morning and evening on an empty stomach. If you are new to probiotics, you may want to consider a smaller dose to start with as this product may cause gas, bloating and general stomach discomfort for a week or so. This is a good thing though as it is a sign that your body is experiencing a "Healing Crisis" as it detoxifies and renews your internal environment. I also recommended taking a good quality probiotic in conjunction with Dr Ohirra's like Primal Defense to repopulate your intestinal tract with health flora. Dr Ohirra's is a probiotic, meaning it creates a suitable environment in the GI Tract for healthy bacteria to thrive. After ceasing to use this product for a month, I have continued to see the same beneficial results from it , which tells me that this product truly does "recreate" your intestinal environment.

The Best Probiotic!

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 28 2007 | Verified Purchase

I believe that every one should take a probiotic, and Dr. Ohira's is the best in my opinion. Besides regulating stomach issues, I have also found that my skin is clearer since taking this product. Also, I have had allergy problems for many years and use to have to take allergy medicine daily. Since I have been taking Dr. Ohira's, I have not had any allergy problems! What a relief. Also, since taking this product, I have not been ill with a cold or flu symptoms (it's been over a year and a half without any sickness), and I work in the school system. My husband, who also takes this product, has also been free of illness too. While I don't know if this can be directly correlated to taking the probiotic, I can't say, but what a great side effect! My husband and I are definitely hooked on this great product, and thank you iherb for the great prices and service!

Good product, rising price though.

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 26 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have been using Dr. Ohhira's Essential Formulas for a couple of years now. I am very happy with the product but I was not happy to see the over $10 price jump this fall. I am at the highest price point I am willing to pay for this product, so unfortunately, if the price goes any higher, I'll be forced to look elsewhere for this product.

Great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 25 2008 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this product originally for my husband who has adult acne. He had been taking minocycline over the past several years off and on, and had gained 20 lbs. for no apparent reason. He did not do the recommended loading dose so it took almost 3 weeks for a noticable improvement. He still has breakouts, but not nearly as severe and he has dropped 12 lbs. in the process. Our two teenage sons are also on it now and while they do still have acne, they don't get the huge red bumps anymore. My husband is on his third month and the boys have been on it close to a month now.

Its Great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 25 2007 | Verified Purchase

When I got these probotics in I had gotten a severe head cold. I had greed drainage and was unable to speak because my throat was so sore. I had not taken any other medication but took the probotics and that day my head unstopped and my cold started disappearing without taking anythng else. WOW!

Not For Everyone

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 12 2007 | Verified Purchase

We are all so different. After 53 years of good steady digestion, last year I had a bad bout of food poisoning and it has been hit and miss ever since. I hve taken many brands of probiotics which help me some but this product semed to make worse. Glad it helps many, but it's not for me,

Dr. Ohhira's, Essential Formulas

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 25 2008 | Verified Purchase

My health practitioner recommended this product for my teenage grandchild's acne concerns. Awesome! We saw results in just a couple of days. After more inquiry about the detox values, I started using it. I feel it is very helpful for the immune system in general. H E

caused bloating

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 30 2009 | Verified Purchase

i had severe bloating the entire 30 days i was on this. it did help solidify my stools, but the positive effects of it were lost on me. would not re-order.

BEWARE streptococcus thermophilus - Editing review - Oct 2016

Posted by bhaktaboy on October 3 2012 | Verified Purchase

This product ending up causing an overgrowth of streptococcus thermophilus. My integrative doctor advised to stop taking and not take any probiotics with strep strains for this reason. A common problem. This product is also FAR TOO LOW in CFUs. There are far better products out there in the billions. Will be avoiding this from now on.

better options for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 6 2010 | Verified Purchase

I never seem to get comfortable with this product. I have started on it at least 3 times, maybe 4. Each time, I find I am dealing with unnecessary side effects of either watery stools or slight constipation. I am going back to Daily-Dophilus as that seems to work better for me and my spouse.