Caused SEVERE stomach distress

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 31 2010 | Verified Purchase

I took these for a month without a problem but then they started causing severe stomach cramping, diarrhea and heartburn so I had to stop.

HUGE Waste of money... There are much more effective ones in Japan. No Japanese would buy this in Japan.

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 21 2013 | Verified Purchase

I was so disappointed with this. There was no effect. There are better probiotics in Japan. Maybe, this product is designed for American diet habit, I guess.... I have read reviews of Japanese people and found that they gave higher rates for the price at iherb, which is less than half of that sold in Japan, not for the quality or significant result... We can even get much better effects just by eating probiotic yogurt, which costs only $1!!! I could not tolerate American chemical taste & chemical perfume smelling yogurt when I was in the U.S.

Eliminated the following Fungal Related items:

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 11 2009 | Verified Purchase

A Great Broad Spectrum Probiotic - Over a period of 1-2 months it has eliminated these in my wife or myself, GERD, Incontinence, Yeast infections. Dandruff, Eczema in ears. Also eliminated a total of 3 drugs for these conditions. Excellent regularity is a fringe benefit.

Best Probiotic Ever!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 16 2008 | Verified Purchase

A friend turned me on to Dr. Ohhira's Probiotic Formula and after taking it faithfully morning and night for over a month, I can testify to the effectiveness of the product on my system. My feet no sooner hit the floor in the morning than I'm in the bathroom emptying my colon. Then later in the day I usually go again. There's no straining to evacuate either. After years of consuming other probiotic formulas, most of which needed refrigeration to keep the strains alive, I can tell you what a relief it is to find one that works perfectly in the body and doesn't require refrigeration. It can be transported without needing to be kept cool, so I can take it along on trips, which is very convenient. This is a wonderful supplement for anyone looking to improve overall health and colon health in particular. I won't be without it. Five stars!

Enterococcus faecalis......

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 27 2011 | Verified Purchase

After researching more about this particular species of bacteria despite being a tested and specific strain, I have decided not to continue using this product due to health concerns. I'm also not impressed with the number of CFUs (900 million) which is very low for such a high price!

dr ohhira's probiotics

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 4 2009 | Verified Purchase

this product didn't work for me at all. i was constipated for a long period of time, so i stopped taking it.

I prefer Jarrow Dophilus EPS

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 28 2008 | Verified Purchase

I tried this first and like others I found it aggravated my digestive system and I did not have a problem before. Would not use again. The Jarrow product seems to be great and I suggest others try it.

Thank you, Dr. Ohhira!

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 14 2007 | Verified Purchase

I suffered from acid reflux for almost six months without much relief from prescription medications. When I heard about Dr. Ohhira's probiotics I purchased a supply and began the loading dose for six days. Since then, I have been completely free of acid reflux symptoms on two capsules a day. This product is a blessing!

Neutral on this product

Posted by khessel on August 9 2012 | Verified Purchase

I know this product got rave reviews, but I didn't really do anything for me. I bought it because I had been consuming kefir to get natural probiotics, and I was tired of buying milk all the time to keep the culture going. (I was buying organic milk and it was getting really expensive). I'm switching back to kefir, it was much better for my digestive system.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 30 2008 | Verified Purchase

I began taking Dr. Ohhira's 12 Plus for my digestive problems and to build my immune system. After a couple of weeks, I realized that I wasn't needing OTH allergy meds anymore! I love this product. Expensive, but the money you save on other stuff makes up for it!