One of the best probiotics on the market

Posted by MrJellybean on Jun 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I've always been a fan of whole food supplements over laboratory made powders - they seem more natural and more readily absorbed by your body. Dr. Ohhira's is one of the best probitoics on the market because it's grown in a whole food matrix using nutritious fermented veggies and roots as a base for the probiotics which are fermented for 3 years. This is how probiotics are meant to be taken and grown - in a base of fermented foods that not only supply your body with necessary bacteria but also micronutrients, prebiotics, enzymes, the whole shebang. If you're looking into probiotics, this is the one to get. It's chock full of quality ingredients, has it's own fermentation process and blend of bacteria that seems to enhance the bacteria's ability to make a new home in your gut because the results speak for themselves. Clearer skin, more energy, less headaches, better digestion and overall well being.

the best

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 26, 2009 | Verified Purchase

This is the best probiotic I have taken in over 15 years of trying different products

probiotic review

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 28, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My daughter has a chronic illness and is often on antibiotics. Dr. Ohhira's has done wonders for her. She used to get c-diff frequently, but doesn't anymore. thanks for selling such a quality product.

review

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 04, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I ordered the professional strength Dr. Ohirah's Probiotics. They were shipped to me very quickly. The product is amazing. I recommend it to anyone-especially those with health challenges, i.e.poor bowel function, candida, immune impairment that manifests in any manner. thanks

Blister pack hard on skin at thumbnail

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have purchased two different boxes of the Probiotics of which the probiotic I do find helpful. An unfortunate thing is that twice when I press through the blister pack it was sharp enough to tear between my thumbnail and skin. I have reasonably strong skin. I think this is a serious design flaw that could actually endanger unhealthy people with poor circulation to their finger tips. I do hope they change it. I have written them about it. I have used blister packs all my life and no supplement or even drug has hurt my thumb as much as this. I have to be v-e-r-y alert every time I take one.

Bothered my stomach

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 31, 2010 | Verified Purchase

As much as I think this is a good product, it horribly bothered my stomach kicking off a bad round of gastritis.

Works well, but

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I used it for a while and found it verry effective. BUT then I read on the label that it contains "carrageenan". It's an ingredient that you should better avoid! It is said so to be carcinogenic. It's really sad that such a good product uses this ingredient! I won't be ordering this again..

Good for Calming Stomach, Mouth, and Esophagus Inflammation

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 13, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I bought this product because I have a multitude of Gastrointestinal issues. I have inflammation in the Esophagus and mouth because of GERD. Inflammation in stomach because of years of eating out, and I have candida in my intestines and bad gut flora. This product worked like a charm for calming the inflammation in the mouth, throat and stomach. I chew the capsules and then swallow with water on an empty stomach. A few minutes later you feel like you are washed from the inside. Like there is an air conditioning turned on in your stomach, no more pain, no more inflammation, you just feel good. The downside are two things: firstly, to achieve this really good result I used a very high dose (10 - 20 capsules) daily, which is not economical long-term (who knows if I reduce the dose, would it work or not). Secondly, it did NOTHING for the candida in my intestines and in my mouth. Absolutely nothing! Now, to qualify my opinion, I live in a tropical country, with so much heat and humidity and the product was shipped with UPS and must have spend days in the heat before delivery. Perhaps not much of the bacteria in the product survived the trip. Who knows! Bottom line is this. Probiotics are a hit and miss! You need to try a wide range of these products and see what works for you. For me, Although reduction of stomach inflammation is important and welcome, I still want a product that can alter my gut biome in a good way without having to use many capsules.

fantastic food based, stable probiotic - greatly helped IBS sypmtoms

Posted by wellspring on Sep 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is one of the best probiotics on the market. It requires no refrigeration, contains multiple strands of beneficial bacteria, and is made from actual food which is a huge plus. Dr Ohirra is an award winning scientist who actually developed one of the strains present in his products. I have had chronic and lifelong IBS symptoms and this probiotic helped me enormously, where almost everything else had failed. My whole family takes it now. DIfferent probiotics suit different people as we all have different cultures present or lacking, so it may take some trial and error - but it works for me and seems to for many people. Also benefits immunity and skin.

Making us well...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 30, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My problem has been candida, yeast for years, and am detoxing and feeling happier than I've felt in a while. The detox is still in progress, but I know its working. This takes time, not overnight, so if you have the same issue, realize it takes several boxes and a commitment to eat better, organic veges, and a little fruit. Make vege soups and some organic farm-raised protein. Husband is getting over IBS, with the help of the Pro formula and is finally not having to worry about the residual effects of IBS and is very glad its resolving itself. The gut/digestive track is known as our 2nd brain, and when its working properly we heal.