Alright

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Nothing too special, I also believe they don't use the real black soap because they use caramel color.

A little bit drying the skin

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Smells o.k. (same as Dr. Woods Pure Black Soap with Shea Butter) But this soap is more drying. Will not buy again when it's finished. Instead I will buy the Dr. Woods Black Soap with Shea Butter.

Not as good as the Nubian Heritage's version ...

Posted by acumen on Feb 23, 2013 | Verified Purchase

... of the liquid black soap, which is more expensive than this watery / diluted version - but for a reason (it's simply that much better and lasting). PS. Be sure to check my profile page for +180 reviews on iHerb products.

Soap

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 13, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I'm not sure if this soap is really as miraculous for me as it is for others. The smell is initially a little prohibitive; it has this weird, cheap perfume type of smell to it, and it does linger quite a while if you don't use something to cover it up. I personally use it as a facewash, followed by an apple cider vinegar toner and moisturizer. This seems to be a good combo, since the two smells tend to cancel each other out (before using this soap, the vinegar smell would linger and it was somewhat nauseating). It doesn't lather as well as commercial soaps, so if you're used to the idea of lather=clean, you may be a little disappointed. Overall, not something that's going to change your skin overnight, but it's cheap, mostly natural, and lasts for a VERY long time.

Just Ok

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 05, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I like Dr. Bonner's soap better. Not a bad product just prefer others.

Leakage

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 11, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Whenever I opened the box, there was a little leak from these products. Inner sealing cover was swelled and ripped owing to hard handling during shipping. They need plastic bags.

Cheap and clean after feel but awful smell

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 13, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I used to use Dr bronzer brand but it cost double the price. Dr woods pricing is reasonable. When I received the parcel there was an overwhemling smell and all my products were coated with some soapy substance . When I took out one by one, I realised is this bottle that leaked. Although the seal is still intact. Wonder why. I bought another lavender bottle but it didn't leak. The package was not tightly packed. I guessed that's the reason. When i use this on my face, i had to hold my breath because The smell is so awful... but my skin feels v clean. Fast delivery.

Not used to the texture

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 29, 2016 | Verified Purchase

No foam at all, I guess it is good for skin but I am not used to it.

Solid vs liquid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 07, 2016 | Verified Purchase

The solid soapis much more economic and smells nice too, the liquid soap doesn't smell nice

Good, but very watery and not a lot of foam

Posted by New-Zealand on Oct 12, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This has an unusual scent- it's not bad, just different. It also doesn't lather, so if you like a foamy wash, skip this one. BUT, it is very moisturising. Price is good, though

1 2