Horrible tasting...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

After few months of trying to find out how these horrible tasting berries could be edible, I gave up. I have tried these berries in Japan also and it does not have funny after taste as these ones do. It is horrible and after taste, it stinks and not edible at all. I will rather buy in super market where I can see the source. They are from China so be very careful due to pesticides not approved and any other countries. NOT RECOMMENDED, HORRIBLE TASTING.

bad

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 20, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I tried these cause they were cheaper than the ones i usually get. They didnt taste any good and went straight into the garbage. Tasted like mold.

Low quality

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 12, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Berries stuck together into one big piece Obviously old and low quality.Very not recommended.There are much better alternatives

stale

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I threw these out because they smelled stale and the taste was stale also. I prefer the Bija option of this berry or at least they weren't stale.

Preserving the berries by radiating them!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

They do taste heavenly BUT: after I ordered these I heard that they are nowadays preserved by radiating the berries. That is not even legal inside the EU area, and I definitely do not wish to eat anything that has been radiated. If I had known this beforehand, I would not have ordered the berries from iHerb.<br /> <font color="#009933"><strong>February 2011 - Response from Dragon Herbs:</strong></font><br /><br /> This is not true. We do not irradiate, and specifically prohibit irradiation by our supplier. We do not use preservatives of any sort. Our Heaven Mountain Goji goes through a natural cleaning and drying, to the point where the goji has a stable shelf life for a reasonable period of time, yet retains some of its natural moistness. Our high-barrier packaging provides a high level of protection from the outside oxygen and from external pathogens, such as mold. Heaven Mountain Goji is an all-natural product.

Exotic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 21, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I bought it out of curiousity. And didn't like the taste. It's been waiting for months for me to think of any way to use it. But after all it got too dry and went off to the trash bin.

Expired July 2011

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 13, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Check the dates on These if you get them, half scratched out expiration date, but when i held the bag up to the light it says it expired in July 2011. and its now September 2013. taste old and gross

allergy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 17, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Be careful if you have allergies, got a rash, swollen lips, etc!!!

Goji berries unedible

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 17, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I am used to dryer goji berries...these berries were stuck together in a big moist clump...I had to throw away bag..

Goji Berries

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I really do not like these. I think they taste horrible.

1 2