Made in China or Taiwan

Posted by Reviewer2112317 on Dec 11, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I purchased this product because it was labeled as being made in California. The package says that it is a product of China or Taiwan, likely just packaged in CA.

Take note: Made in CHINA/TAIWAN

Posted by 5506728813091953162 on Apr 25, 2014 | Verified Purchase

They should mention this here, would have not bought this had I known. Misleading marketing by omission. As China is the world's most polluted country, organic & toxic-free spirulina from China does not sound very convincing.

Ok for smoothies, but made in China/ Tawian

Posted by 4982797686030923443 on Jul 17, 2015 | Verified Purchase

Good product for smoothies. But it's product of China/Taiwan, so I don't think I'll re-order.

Inferior Taste to Other Brands

Posted by Reviewer1534079 on Jul 10, 2015 | Verified Purchase

This arrived while I was in the middle of my first bottle of Nutrex spirulina, and the difference in taste was very noticeable. It helped me understand that Nutrex really tastes fresh and pure, while this didn't have a natural taste for me. This works out at $30 per pound, while Nutrex is $35 per pound and Healthforce Nutritionals (also excellent) is $39 per pound. For just $5-9 more per pound, you can get MUCH better products than this. I am not so concerned about this one being made in China in itself - although most production there is not as we would want it, this is not true of all brands, and this one seems to have a very low level of contaminants and heavy metals according to what I have read, but the taste is just lifeless when compared to Nutrex on Healthforce Nutritionals.

Made in China or Taiwan

Posted by Reviewer2804225 on Sep 04, 2014 | Verified Purchase

Is this product made in China or Taiwan? Who knows? That's what the packaging says. I guess that's why it's cheap. Throwing it away, I'm not taking chance of consuming a product that comes from one of the most polluted counties in the world.

Good product but package problems

Posted by 4665503560050011313 on Jan 13, 2014 | Verified Purchase

A great nutritious product with good taste and smell. Good for mixing into food and smoothies. The only "con" is the package - it is quite difficult to open the bag without getting green hands...

Smells incredibly bad

Posted by Flicka on Apr 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have previously used spirulina tablets and that seems to be the only way I can ingest spirulina.The smell is so horribly and I just cannot drink this stuff.

Hair growth

Posted by 5543594361029927454 on Dec 01, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I've been using a teaspoon of this for about a month in a smoothie a day and ive seen an influx of new hairs on my scalp. Additionally my eyebrows are noticeably thicker.

pure

Posted by 5547765196675092812 on Apr 09, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This product is pure and inexpensive (considering organic markets in Croatia)and tastes great in smoothies. my kid loves it as well. recommend!

SMOOTHIE TREAT

Posted by 5323287804233221106 on Jan 14, 2014 | Verified Purchase

A must in the smoothie but great mixed in with fresh juices.