SUGAR FREE!!! Your baby’s ideal first solid food

Posted by SEEKING-HEALTH REVIEWS on July 5 2013 | Verified Purchase

On Products-With-Reviews page, I have more reviews of other products I have bought and used. Your baby also needs a lot of sunlight and DHA for his/her optimal physical and brain development. I buy Nordic Naturals, Baby's DHA with Vitamin D3, 2 fl oz (NOR-53787) for this purpose. Another baby’s first solid food I recommend is Earth's Best, Organic Whole Grain Rice Cereal (JAS-90001). I rotate these two cereals. I don’t worry about “arsenic” in rice cereal at all. Arsenic is a naturally occurring element widely distributed in the earth's crust, in the oceans, and in most plant and animal matter. In the environment, arsenic is combined with oxygen, chlorine, and sulfur to form "inorganic" arsenic compounds. These are the highly toxic forms of arsenic. But in animals and plants, arsenic combines with carbon and hydrogen to form "organic" arsenic compounds, which are far less toxic. The toxicity of arsenic primarily depends on its valence state -- its proclivity for bonding with other molecules. Most inorganic forms of arsenic are highly active and readily bond with molecules in the human body. In other words, the more likely it is to be toxic. Organic arsenic molecules such as arsenobetaine and arsenocholine, on the other hand, have little tendency to bond with human tissue and are rapidly excreted in unchanged form in the urine -- thus making them relatively nontoxic. Because arsenic is so omnipresent in the soil and ocean water, the average person consumes, on average, about 10-50 millionths of a gram of arsenic a day, with over two thirds of that coming from organic sources. And in truth, levels of 1,000 micrograms are not unusual following consumption of fish or mushrooms. But again, there is little danger from these sources because these are organic arsenic compounds and are virtually non-toxic. Inorganic arsenic sprayed on foods as a pesticide would be a different story.

Bad smell, like rancid oil

Posted by Munchkin on August 1 2014 | Verified Purchase

I just received this product; expiry date on box showed Sep 2015, however there was a bad "off" smell like rancid oil, when I opened the box. I've thrown away the cereal and will not buy this item again. The manufacturer should look at better packaging of cereal within box.

Lumpy cereal

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 19 2012 | Verified Purchase

I was so disappointed to open my box of cereal to realise it has turned lumpy. It could be due to our humid weather but I believ it would have helped if it came with a plastic or foil bag

Delisious whole grain cereal

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 3 2011 | Verified Purchase

I couldn't find any kind of baby cereal in Japan where we live(they just use powdered rice here). Earth's Best cereal is iron fortified and organic. The texture is smooth and mixes well with water, milk or breast milk. My daughter, now 10 months, still loves it. We mix in all sorts of things: applesauce, kiwis, banana, carrot puree. i-Herb delivered to Tokyo in two days, we are very pleased with this purchase.

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 29 2016 | Verified Purchase

Good cereal

Posted by iHerb Customer on December 3 2017 | Verified Purchase

My baby loves this cereal. Use this: M E N 5 8 91 (remove space) to save some bucks off your purchase

Standard-issue morning carb

Posted by Aaron-Wei on November 15 2017 | Verified Purchase

I eat this every morning as standard-issue morning carb to kick off the day. It's great.

Organic Oatmeal cereal

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 29 2017 | Verified Purchase

Good quality Cereal, my daughter ( who has severe Gastro-reflux) is able to digest this cereal easly for breakfast...

My Girl Loves It

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 13 2017 | Verified Purchase

She love eating it with dates or honey

Very safe, tastes good, great price!

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 6 2014 | Verified Purchase

We did a lot of research when my son was about to turn 4 months old on what cereal to feed him. he was exclusively breast fed and fell ill when he was given formula. We wasted a lot of money on different formulas, only to experience him throwing up everything. Finally we had to order Holle formula milk from Germany. This had us very alerted when choosing cereal for him. We decided not to give any rice based cereal because of report of presence of arsene in it. Earth's Best, Organic Whole Grain Oatmeal and other cereals in this series has been our baby's staple diet since beginning. He is 15 months old now, and thankfully we have only seen his Pediatrician for his growth check ups and some skin rashes (which i feel is due to the tropic whether in Singapore). Again shopping at iHerb has been a blessing as commercial baby food in SG is very expensive let alone be Organic. THANK YOU iHERB for allowing us the convenience of shopping organic food online at very affordable prices.