Wonderful discovery!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 24, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I love trying new products through iHerb and this Ume Plum Vinegar which I just received last week is suddenly one of my favorite flavoring agents EVER. It is definitely very salty -- upon opening I tried half a spoonful, which left my mouth in a state of ecstasy, but also kinda parched. However, the saltiness has incredible depth and the plum flavor is very present (deeper than plum wine if you've ever had that); add the tang of vinegar and: WOW.

love this for a healthy source of umami flavor

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 16, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I use this in salad dressing, soup, wherever one might like some salt ( except baked goods) - it is a source of natural glutamates, which are a healthier kind of flavor enhancer than monosodium glutamate.

Mmm... Yummy

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 09, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Good taste but really salty

Good!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I like it!

GREAT

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

GREAT PRODUCT, I HAVE BEEN USING THIS FOR YEARS AND REALLY ENJOY IT.

interesting vinegar

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

sweet and salty

Excellent vinegar

Posted by eatrightchef on May 26, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I cannot take regular vinegar because I have high stomach acid. But this one is fine with me. At first I had to get used to the taste as it was a bit salty. But now I have fallen in love with it and have it with my salad all the time!

Terrific

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 13, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I really like this plum vinegar and it's such a good price at iHerb.com

Ume yummy!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I love this stuff on everything! It's organic and fermented over time. Probiotics don't always taste so good! Good price and fast shipping.

Wow!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This may be a key ingredient in japanese cooking, but I find myself craving it in all kinds of dishes. Great mixed with the eden brown rice vinegar in salad dressings and as dipping sauce for veggies or proteins. Plus, it's fermented, so it's also good for friendly gut flora!