Won't buy again - recommend organic selenium or sodium selenite instead

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Dec 10, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I picked this one because it allowed me to adjust serving size to suit - it's not a megadose, has no added junk and can be tailored to need, offering more flexibility than caps/tabs. However - for whatever reason, even less than suggested dose caused collagen issues for me and I had to stop using it. I've also tried a non-yeast L-selenomethionine (Solgar) - unfortunately the tablet fillers caused me similar issues. I've recently tried a different brand, and aside from dose, it's perfect. Of particular interest to me - selenium has been shown to regulate: 1) lipoxygenases (e.g. arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase, which transforms EFAs into inflammatory mediators); and 2) circadian rhythm. I notice when I don't get enough selenium, I start turning into a night owl. I've found it doesn't take much to reset, and because (as with everything) there's a fine balance between not enough/too much, I'd prefer a selenium supplement I can increase in smaller increments than the majority of supplements allow, to save me having to cut tablets all the time. I've since read asthma studies that used sodium selenite (not selenate), so am tempted to try it. Vit E inhibits 5-lipoxygenase (5-LO) - so both are beneficial. Magnesium is a selenium (and vit E) antagonist - making many vege sources of selenium (such as nuts, brown rice, etc), a catch-22 if selenium intake is inadequate. This one's tasteless in water and yeast free - but I don't recommend it. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Good source of Selenium

Posted by BeHealthyBeHappy on Jul 27, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I loved the idea of adding Selenium to my water. Also, it meant less additives and capsules, etc. I was so excited about using this that I then ordered the respective liquid Selenium from Trace Minerals. Surprisingly, I wasn't happy with it. I like Eidon's supplement better.

great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

No fillers, just what you need and easy to take

Eidon Selenium

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 16, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Simple to use, has zero taste when diluted with water. Anthony William approved.

Great brand

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 09, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Ionic selenium is very readily absorbed.

Happy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 08, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Does the job!

Love Eidon

Posted by CoolinArizona on Aug 12, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Eidon products are so terrific and I know they are working

Selenium concentrate is great

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 31, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This concentrated selenium recommended by the Medical Medium I find easy to take, it has no taste and is effective.

Not pure Selenium !

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 27, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I asked for pure selenium - this product is obviously watered down in spite of the bottle saying " liquid concentrate"