UPDATED REVIEW - Twelve months later, this is on the 'Too Good To Be True' pile - Unsuitable for regular use on face

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Jan 15, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I've been using this most days for approx 12 months going by the date I first bought this - and in more recent months I've noticed unmistakably yellow skin around my eyes. That's never happened with anything else, let alone a skin care product. Over the last 12 months I've also struggled with a seemingly increasing number of small reactions to other things that used to be fine - though once I eliminated them, an underlying issue still seemed to remain. I foolishly didn't think to stop using this sooner. I've stopped using it now, and the yellow skin has gone. My eyes and face are also less puffy and I feel less fatigued. I didn't use much at all - refilling/reusing the bottle and dropper from the smaller size I bought to try first, I mixed ONE drop with some water on my palms to make a very thin liquid - some lazy-at-home days I didn't use any at all. Thinking back now, it was those days I didn't use this where I started to look and feel better. I currently don't use anything but water to cleanse and moisturise my face and it seems to be coping just fine - I could care less if my skin falls off, it would still be an improvement on whatever was going on while using this (which thankfully has stopped). I've spent so much time and money trying to find a low-salicylate/low-phenol hypoallergenic oil I can use that I'm happy sticking with nothing for now. Remember - what goes on the skin goes straight into the bloodstream. If you start to experience unexplained headaches please STOP using this oil. NOTE: I'm going to contact the company to ask what vit E they use as preservative. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above. ORIGINAL REVIEW posted by Read-More-Reviews--Here - No salicylates or phytoestrogens! Not greasy at all - leaves skin feeling very soft, smooth and blotch/irritation free. Also true to claims and doesn't clog pores - beats anything else I've tried. Definitely choose certified fully refined. Disappointed I didn't get a bigger bottle, but seems to vanish quickly and this was only one available (can see why). Was also being cautious due to prior experience - $6 is very reasonable and a little goes a long way. I mix with water on palms before applying.

Had high hopes

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Broke me out. Oh well. Might be a good product for someone else.

Pore clogging

Posted by veronnier on Nov 22, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I wanted to love it, my skin was beautiful during first days, but then this oil clogged my pores big time and I had to stop using it.

Emu Gold, All Natural Emu Oil, Extra Strength

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 26, 2011 | Verified Purchase

i've tried to put it on dry areas, scratches etc. didn't see any results

Didn't work at all

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 12, 2014 | Verified Purchase

It didn't help for acne scars

Skin Oil

Posted by ladysonny on May 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Not enough use time to give a review!