Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 14, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This is definitely one of the better digestive enzymes. Enzymes are needed in every metabolic function in our body. Even the minerals and vitamins required enzymes to work. When we unprocessed, uncooked raw food, the enzymes in the food will naturally help to break down the food and leaving little work for our stomach to break it. However, when we eat processed or cooked food, all the enzymes are dead and our body will need a lot of enzymes to finish the work. Our pancreas (main enzyme producer) will have to work hard to produce the enzymes and even divert the enzymes needed for other bodily function. Even wonder why we feel so sleepy, sluggish and having energy crash after a heavy processed or cooked meal, this is the reason why! You will notice that this is not same when you eat a lot of raw fruits and vegetables instead. When your body has to divert the enzymes for production for food, it actually compromises your physical and mental energy, immune system, stamina and etc! Taking digestive enzymes helps to make your food nutrients bioavailable for absorption, reduce food allergies, reduce stomach discomfort, loose stools, bloating etc and takes stress off your pancreas. It is believed that we can only produce a limited amount of enzymes in our life and you certainly don’t want to exhaust it in on your food. The less you use, the healthier, longer your life. Studies have shown that almost everyone over 50 has enlarged pancreas due to overstressed! For those who don’t know about enzymes products, it is considered a low strength digestive blend.. It also contains a few specialised enzymes (other than just protease, lipase, amylase) to digest the more common food. The caps are vegetarian, very small and easy to swallow. This product also contains multiple strains of protease, lipase, cellulase and amylase. This is because different enzymes function between pH value range. It is to ensure that you can enjoy food across different digestive organs (eg stomach is acidic, small intestine is mild alkaline). The best way to take this is to take it 5 min before eating to allow the capsules to dissolve first or uncap and take it just before eating. Generally, I find the dosage is more suitable for a light meal or quick snack. For heavier meal, you probably want to be taking a medium-high strength digestive blend As for price, this product is quite expensive. The company Enzymedica is the best enzymes producer. The products are very trustworthy and are of high quality but it’s also much more expensive. The supplements contain no fillers, binders or flow agents. You can try Now Foods or Doctor’s Best brand if you want cheaper but high strength and quality enzymes products. Check out my page for more reviews!

The Digest Gold are better if you can afford it

Posted by healthydoesit on Jan 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I bought the Digest Basic because I couldn't afford the Digest Gold anymore. These are still great, so I gave them 4 stars. However, I have many serious health issues that have completely demolished my digestive system, so I really need the extra strength dose that the Gold offers. I'm sure the basics work.well for anyone Who doesn't have severe digestive issues. I also love that there are absolutely no additives to the Enzymedica digestive enzymes. These are the only ones I have found like that. A great product, but I wish I could afford the Gold that I need. You definitely get what you pay for. I will continue to buy these though because it's better than nothing for my digestive system. Take a look at my page to see over 100 real reviews from products I've purchased and tested here at Iherb!

Enzymedica Digest Basic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 21, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Very good value for a good basic product from one of the best enzyme companies. I can't tolerate very high strength enzymes, so I appreciate a product like this. It's no miracle cure to all my health problems, but I feel it helps with the process of digestion, something my body doesn't seem to enjoy that much.

Not too great

Posted by Sprinkles on Sep 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Either the ingredients aren't that effective, or else it just isn't a strong enough product, because it only seems to help just a little. Nothing too noticeable. This is WAY too expensive of a product to buy the stronger versions! I guess I'll go back to the Source Naturals product I used a while back, Daily Essential Enzymes, as it worked tremendously. (The only drawback to it was that it contained magnesium stearate. It comes in both a gelatin capsule and a veggie capsule.)

Does what it says

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 02, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Great product

WIDE COMBINATION OF ENZYMES. JUST GREAT DIGESTION.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 02, 2017 | Verified Purchase

WIDE COMBINATION OF ENZYMES. JUST GREAT DIGESTION.

Digest Enzyme Formula

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 23, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Just tried a few times and do not feel any effect

Digestive enzymes

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 28, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Good after meals or good first thing in the morning with coffee or juice to clean out the blood.

Enzymedica, Digest Basic, Essential Enzyme Formula, 90 Capsules Enzymedica, Digest Basic

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 22, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I feel It is better EPS of Jarrow formular . The dose one tablet has 10 billion that is sufficiently per one day.

Mr

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 07, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Not strong enough but an excellent enzyme for the price.

1 2 3