Bacon bits without the bacon

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 21 2012 | Verified Purchase

After developing a meat allergy, I could no longer have bacon bits in my daily salad. Tragedy! These littel gems, however are truly the next best thing. So grateful to have found them, and also to have found iHerb so I can buy them in bulk for far less than the little shaker bottles on the Whole Foods shelf.

Lots of flavor in a small amount

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 11 2011 | Verified Purchase

Adds a yummy touch to salads, soups, etc. Organic -- so not GMO

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 1 2011 | Verified Purchase

Interesting product! I usually add to navy or black beans. Really adds nice spice and filling too! Very strong smoked flavor too. Little bit goes long way.

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 17 2011 | Verified Purchase

They were better than I expected and I will recommend this product to my friends.

NOT THE same as the non-Organic labeled Bac'uns withe the green cap!!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 18 2014 | Verified Purchase

My palette does not like these when compared to the non-Organic version. These are light tan, less crunchy, bland flavored. I wonder why there is such a significant differnce in product; it seems like a different recipe. Be alert to the difference.

Posted by Johanne on April 30 2013 | Verified Purchase

Okay this is good, very good!! Even my fiance who eats bacon from pigs loves this, and says it taste the same!! You get a lot of protein and flavor for not many calories, and I use it on my quinoa, salad, wok, soup, you name it. Almost to good. Very small bits is maybe the only negative ;)

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 10 2012 | Verified Purchase

Ok, but the bits were really small. fives stars if they would size up.

way way too strong

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 11 2011 | Verified Purchase

the smell is overwhelming anything you put it on... haven't tried cooking it yet, but on salads is a definite no for me... if you like the smoke and bacon odor, then this is a product for you though!

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 18 2014 | Verified Purchase

These are a little strange. Very much flavor but it still was not quite what I expected. It smells very strongly as well. It does not take much of this before it's more than enough. A teaspoon or two to a package ground beef is what I'd go for.

My husband's favorite

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 4 2015 | Verified Purchase

Great on salad, tacos, you name it. It's our secret ingredient in mashed potatoes ;)

1 2