STRONG STUFF! A bit expensive...but the right form of absorbable iron :)

Posted by mirindalikethedrink on Apr 22, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I've been suffering from anemia off-and-on for a long time but the condition became quite pronounced while I was pregnant. The doctors kept giving me iron pills that had no positive effect on my anemia. At times I was hospitalized and could barely muster enough energy to walk from my bed to the restroom and back. I'm only 32 years old! Then, I read and researched more about how iron is absorbed. It's most effectively absorbed in the duodenum and the most absorbable form of iron is ferrous gluconate. Iron is not easily absorbed in pill form but is better absorbed as a liquid. I purchased Gaia Herbs, PlantForce Liquid Iron and have been taking it every-other-day. The reason for this is that it is STRONG. It almost burns going down and I can feel an immediate jolt after taking it. You're meant to take it twice/day but I'm down to taking it once a day, every other day. It seems to be working as my energy is more stable now and the dark purplish rings under my eyes are starting to fade. It is pretty expensive stuff but if you have severe anemia that has been persistent and hasn't responded to other treatments, this could possibly be the best way to go about getting your iron and getting your body to absorb it. I will keep using it until the bottle is gone and see how I feel at that point before I reorder. Please note...this product is NOT for pregnant women. I am not pregnant now--I have given birth and am recovering. If you use this product you need to first get blood tests done so that you know that you actually do need to supplement with iron. Be very careful with iron supplements--especially good-tasting liquids like this one because little children can easily be poisoned by them accidentally--always keep it locked up and out of their reach!

Good quality

Posted by 5622952540153314642 on Dec 11, 2015 | Verified Purchase

It's nature and good for your body

Naturallement

Posted by 5261423825343879838 on Jun 08, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Absolutely love the fact that I didn't experience any constipation. My blood count went up and I could tell there was a difference in my energy level since being told I was anemic. I will certainly recommend this to anyone and will continue taking it myself.

Really works

Posted by Reviewer2592733 on May 21, 2017 | Verified Purchase

After few days fatigue went away and I had more energy. Really works and is not constipating.

It's great

Posted by 5006063772050582792 on Dec 15, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Using this changed the color of my lips from dark red to pink within days. I can only afford half dosage, but I still feel better :) Thanks!

Better than Iron Pills

Posted by 5727176550987569869 on Dec 12, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I love the liquid iron. I had heard so much about it and how much better it is than the pills. My energy has increased significantly! I don't feel tired as I use to due to my anemia.

Not as good as the other brands...

Posted by parttimehealthyeater on Jan 12, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I've tried other liquid iron formula before and simply want to experiment different brands. This one is okay, but didn't work for me in terms of improving my iron level as other brands did.