STRONG STUFF! A bit expensive...but the right form of absorbable iron :)

Posted by mirindalikethedrink on Apr 22, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I've been suffering from anemia off-and-on for a long time but the condition became quite pronounced while I was pregnant. The doctors kept giving me iron pills that had no positive effect on my anemia. At times I was hospitalized and could barely muster enough energy to walk from my bed to the restroom and back. I'm only 32 years old! Then, I read and researched more about how iron is absorbed. It's most effectively absorbed in the duodenum and the most absorbable form of iron is ferrous gluconate. Iron is not easily absorbed in pill form but is better absorbed as a liquid. I purchased Gaia Herbs, PlantForce Liquid Iron and have been taking it every-other-day. The reason for this is that it is STRONG. It almost burns going down and I can feel an immediate jolt after taking it. You're meant to take it twice/day but I'm down to taking it once a day, every other day. It seems to be working as my energy is more stable now and the dark purplish rings under my eyes are starting to fade. It is pretty expensive stuff but if you have severe anemia that has been persistent and hasn't responded to other treatments, this could possibly be the best way to go about getting your iron and getting your body to absorb it. I will keep using it until the bottle is gone and see how I feel at that point before I reorder. Please note...this product is NOT for pregnant women. I am not pregnant now--I have given birth and am recovering. If you use this product you need to first get blood tests done so that you know that you actually do need to supplement with iron. Be very careful with iron supplements--especially good-tasting liquids like this one because little children can easily be poisoned by them accidentally--always keep it locked up and out of their reach!

Good quality

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 11, 2015 | Verified Purchase

It's nature and good for your body

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 13, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Taste great and works excellent ☺

Really recommend liquid Iron to sensitive bowels

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 26, 2017 | Verified Purchase

The liquid makes it possible to divide the daily dosage for 2, as 18mg at a time is just too much for our (especially female) bowel. My Hemoglobin is much better, no constipation. It is expensive though.

Really works

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 21, 2017 | Verified Purchase

After few days fatigue went away and I had more energy. Really works and is not constipating.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 08, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Absolutely love the fact that I didn't experience any constipation. My blood count went up and I could tell there was a difference in my energy level since being told I was anemic. I will certainly recommend this to anyone and will continue taking it myself.

Not good for IBS

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 25, 2017 | Verified Purchase

This product reacted with me badly - not good if you need easy iron for the tummy.

Amazing product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 11, 2018 | Verified Purchase

I love how it tastes. Finally I enjoy taking iron supplements. I felt my energy level raised up within a week. So I definitely can say that it works ))

Very good product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 16, 2018 | Verified Purchase

The taste is very nice. This is vegetarian not vegan, since there's honey in it. Like all liquid iron, it does stain your teeth, but pulling coconut oil helps control that a bit (look it up).

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 13, 2017 | Verified Purchase

So far so good. I like the taste of it.

1 2