Salmonella Virchow contamination Warning

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 04, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Unfortunately I ended up buying the container infected with Salmonella Virchow. I am a transplant patient and always take good care about the food i eat. I was admitted in the hospital twice and after careful examination of the stool samples, I was diagnosed with Salmonella Infection. Since I am on immunosuppressants, my condition worsened and i had to stay for a week at the hospital. :( FDA posted the same on their website and Garden of life recalled their Raw meal products infected with the virus. No refund for me unfortunately.

Okay

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 09, 2012 | Verified Purchase

2 scoops is a huge amount of powder. I have to take one scoop and then another later on. The taste is sweet and a nice vanilla but the texture is pretty gritty. Once it is shaken drink it as fast as possible. Since this is plant protein if it gets left to be drunk over 10 minutes it turns in to a glue like goopy thick mess and the taste ofdried pea and musty plants come out. It's plant protein so you cannot expect the smoothness from a whey shake.

life changing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 27, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I started using this in a high protein shake for my sons breakfast, and the difference in his attitude and work is amazing. Not sure if it's the protein or high nutrition, but i am sold!

Terrible, thick, icky mess!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 22, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I wish I'd ignored the overwhelming positive reviews for this product, and I'm writing because my experience was so unusually bad. So much for my Raw Meal - make that a Raw Deal. Suffice to say that even with a large blender bottle and plenty of liquid (almond milk and water), the resulting "shake" is an unctuous, too-thick, gloppy gray mess that I had to try to choke down. Even if the taste were good (this is far from a non-dairy vanilla "milkshake" experience), the consistency would still be its biggest problem. The expression "Gag me with a spoon!" kept popping into my mind as I attempted my last swallow. A whole canister wasted - I'm going to try to make snack bars or protein balls out of the remaining powder. I can't imagine why other people like this product, other than the nutritive value. It is simply an awful meal replacement shake if you're looking for pleasant taste and consistency. By the way, I haven't reviewed anything on iHerb in quite a while, since I've been unimpressed with some people's attempts to get us to click on their links, etc. This reviewing feature on the site should be for honest feedback only, where we help each other out as consumers. Thanks to those of you who respect this.

great for shift workers

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 26, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I take this mainly in the morning of my early shifts, where my body doesnt want to digest the food (at 5am) and i have this instead and keeps me going for hours and doesnt stress my body out. Also great before i go to meditation class as it doesnt weigh me down and affect the quality of the meditations. Plus its nutrients contents is better than most multivitamins. I will be back and buying this again and again. Thanks.

Saved me so much money

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I was always so hungry all the time. Now I drink my breakfast mixing this product with almond milk and feel fine until lunch. It's only 310 calories per serving. Sometimes I drink one for dinner and feel great as well. After a few weeks of taking this and NewChapter CoffeeBerry tablets, I have no cravings and am losing weight with no exercise (albeit slowly).

Good.

Posted by azronis on Oct 02, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I bought this for my dad, he is drinking it in the morning instead of having breakfast. It helps him to satisfy hunger while it provides energy and vitamins. I think it is good choice for all who are trying to lose weight, but only if you are using it in addition to complete change of eating habits and the way of life. This product is not a miracle and it will not miraculously melt your kgs, but it is great product when you are using it as a part of balanced diet. Also, it is good value for money.

Absolutely love it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 21, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I love this! I add it to my morning and night smoothies with all my other supplements. I totally recommend you give it a try. Yum! :)

Raw Meal Organic Meal Replacement (Vanilla)

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 03, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This meal replacement really helps in keeping me full and it goes best with Pacific brand rice milk. I've tried water, almond milk and low fat milk - it turns gooey really fast with water and almond milk, which makes it a torture to swallow it down :( With rice milk, the mixture remains quite watery, so its enjoyable!

Very Healthy!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 25, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Very healthy but it is not really tasty.