Not Good for MCS

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 21 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have pretty severe MCS, though I can tolerate and enjoy most pure essential oils. This soap leaves an indelible, terribly strong scent that won't come off my skin, even after scrubbing with lemon and alcohol. This is a characteristic of synthetic fragrance, not pure essential oil. I intend to phone the company to investigate, as, similar to Mrs Meyer's Clean Day products, I have a feeling they snuck some bad stuff in there. Avoid this if you cannot tolerate strong, clingy, impossible-to-remove fragrance. Thank heaven I tried it on just my hands first!

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 10 2013 | Verified Purchase

it does have a sharp synthetic smell. i wouldn't recommend it for daily use due to the fact that it pulls out essential minerals and nutrients from the skin. this is the main reason i stopped using it although it is a convenient quickie detox of sorts. remineralizing by adding some kelp directly to the skin or a bath afterwards would mitigate some of the aforementioned effects. charcoal is a major adsorbent of iodine, which the skin and entire body uses for radioprotection, thyroid function, hormone receptor function just to mention a few.

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 16 2010 | Verified Purchase

This soap is amazing. I have always liked Giovanni Soaps because their ingredients are safe and their fragrances are unmatched. This is a very pretty black bar of soap. It contains volcano ash for detoxing, which contributes to its color. The fragrance is subtle, yet lovely. It produces rich lather. I will buy this again and again.

Most favorable soap....wonderful !

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 25 2011 | Verified Purchase

I m soap lover & hv tried so many brands before...this is still my favourite as I love its smell, very refreshing...not drying as others.

Leaves Black Marks in Shower

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 17 2011 | Verified Purchase

There is nothing special about this bar aside from it being black and staining your shower.

Posted by vafa33 on October 10 2014 | Verified Purchase

Maybe this soap haven`t adorable scent but it is super economic soap ever ( not easy melting)

Love it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 26 2011 | Verified Purchase

I love this body bar! Cleans without drying. Great light, fresh scent and good lather. Has helped to improve my "gluten rash" on my arms and back. Will buy again!

long lasting

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 15 2009 | Verified Purchase

I love Giovanni products. I can't afford them in the store so I stock up from iherb instead. It lasts a long time too. I have had it over two weeks and didn't shrink much in size. I use the Purifying Body Wash too. I use it as a shampoo and my hair is fantastically soft.

An ok soap

Posted by Babycakes on August 20 2015 | Verified Purchase

I didn't really like the smell - too synthetic and it sticks to the skin and follows you like a cloud. Not moisturizing enough and my skin felt irritated afterwards. Boyfriend liked the soap though, but he is not picky and likes all soaps equally...

My favorite soap

Posted by FataMorgana on June 13 2011 | Verified Purchase

Well, what can I say ... Giovanni - that's already been said! Excellent tool, like all of Giovanni, that I have. Soap wonderful smells throughout the bathroom, creating a lot of thick, soft foam.