Worth trying!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I went off BCP 7 months ago and my face was getting worse and worse every day. Then I was diagnosed with PCOS and slightly increased testosterone, which caused horrible painfull cystic acne along my jawline and on both cheeks. I have been using this soap nearly one month and I must say, that it really does its job. My acne is hormonal, so it´s not a cure for me, but it prevents those big cysts, reduces their amount and size considerably and remove blackheads, which are potential cysts. It works since the first use. My skin looks 60 % better. It dries out skin, so moisturizer is a must. I will definitely reorder. With this diagnosis it´s important to heal also internally. I´m trying to balance my hormones with herbs (vitex, wild yam, saw palmetto). Thank you iHerb for your great services and prizes. It takes 8-9 days to deliver a package to Slovakia.

great!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 20, 2008 | Verified Purchase

acne has decreased tremendously, leaves skin feeling squeaky clean. doesn't overly dry the skin like other products have (benzyl peroxide, salicylic acid and retin-a). i've noticed a great difference and even though i still get 1-2 pimples, it's a LOT less than before. smells for about 1/2 hour after you wash your face and do not get this stuff near your eyes because it BURNS.

Works well

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 08, 2008 | Verified Purchase

just don't get it in your eyes!

大痘痘有效,但無法太愛它!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 28, 2015 | Verified Purchase

因為我個人不太長大痘痘,能用上它的機會真的不多,但偶爾幾次冒大痘痘,真的洗完第二天就消了,令人覺得還滿神奇的! 但是它的洗感有點太滑膩,我不是很愛洗它!

Works GREAT until that time of the month

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 30, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This product cleared up my fantastic adult acne about 90% (wonderful!) But when the ol' monthly hormone serge hit, it couldn't compete. I'll still be buying this soap. Oh, and the sulfur smell is only barely noticeable when the soap is wet, so don't worry about being stinky. Once your skin dries the scent is gone.

Natural, cheap acne solution

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 22, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Grandpa's Thylox Acne treatment soap is a really great product for a low price. I use this once a day on my face and it has really helped clear up my moderate acne. The bar is huge and lasts a really long time. This is much cheaper than the chemical-heavy products you find elsewhere. The only drawback is that it can leave your skin feeling a bit waxy or plasticy. Also, it definitely burns if you get it in your eye so be cautious!

very happy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 24, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Such a great soap to keep spots at bay! I've noticed a huge difference in my skin since I started using this soap. I generally get a few spots hormonal spots around my mouth and since I started using this soap I've had barely any. It does dry out your skin but nothing a good moisturiser can't fix. I definitely recommend and I will continue to use and repurchase!

Quite good for acne

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 08, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this solidly for about 3 weeks and have certainly seen an improvement. I suffer from hormonal acne across my jawline so I wonder how much of this is totally out of my control. However, this product is certainly one of the more effective acne products I have tried. Stridex is possibly more effective than this, but this sulphur soap bar is slightly less drying (which is good if you have skin that might react badly to excessive dryness and compensate with the production of more oil - and therefore prolonging your acne issue). I would recommend this product to someone who has very sensitive skin that responds badly to topical products that dry out the skin. Don't get me wrong! This WILL dry out your skin so make sure you moisturise well. However, it isn't as harsh as high percentage benzoyl peroxide products. Watch out when it comes to applying this, because I got a rash on my neck as the lather dripped down onto my unaffected neck. As far as price goes, this is pretty good! Hope this helps someone! And, if someone with acne is reading this and feels down - I just turned 25 and feel so dismayed about my hormonal breakouts. Remember, lots of people suffer with problem skin - although sometimes it doesn't seem that way. You are not alone :)

I love the smell!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 11, 2008 | Verified Purchase

The smell itself is great! This is a nice thick foam that cleans well and rinses off great!

Grandpa Soap

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 27, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Good - wish it comes in liquid form in pump bottle