Sushi Sonic Real 100% Wasabi

Posted by 5168196092641661336 on Feb 15, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I've only recently learned, or read, that most of what is sold in the U.S. is actually horseradish and mustard, particularly if it is in the form of paste, and may not contain wasabi at all. Therefore I have very little experience with true wasabi. In my search for real wasabi, true wasabi, 100% wasabi, wasabia japonica, I read a review comparing Sushi Sonic's to another brand I was considering ordering from a company outside the U.S. In the review, Sushi Sonic's came out on the short end as not "wasabi-ish". There was some suggestion of different parts of the plant being used which renders a different taste or experience. Because of the price and accessibility, I decided to give the Sushi Sonic's product a try. My initial experience was a little disappointing since I just added the powder to food I was preparing which had liquid in it. I thought that would be acceptable, but there seemed to be very little taste and the heat and sinus experience was missing. Since then, I've tried again, this time following the instructions on the container. After adding a little cool water to make a paste, I tasted it then let it sit. Initially there was little flavor or "zing". But the longer it sat, the more the flavor developed, and definitely improved. I'll have to experiment further to see if it is fully developed at 10 minutes or if it continues to get stronger given more time.

It is not 100% wasabi

Posted by 5408828235195593495 on Nov 13, 2014 | Verified Purchase

There is no more than 5% wasabi. There is used green powder made from wheat. I'm very disappointed for such kind of cheating. I'm wondering iherb allows to risk his own credit by selling this.

That's NOT wasabi!

Posted by 5219681045582967949 on Aug 11, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This thing has the weirdest smell. It's awful, makes me feel sick. Other wasabis have this fresh, spicy smell that I love. Even when mixed with water the smell stays the same, the color of the product also doesn't look ok - it's darker than usual and too grayish. Sooo disappointed.

Delicious!!!

Posted by 5141577902265596844 on Mar 14, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Now I see the difference between the real Wasabi and what they serve you in the eating places. Try and you will know what I am talking about.

De los mejor

Posted by 4948599417418784368 on Nov 06, 2014 | Verified Purchase

El mejor wasabi que he probado además de que dura muchísimo

Great and Package Great

Posted by 5717755346541396577 on Sep 05, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This product came on time and was package very nice. The wasabi had a good taste but it didn't have much burn to it. The burn was there but it was very light.

Wasabi is anti-cancer

Posted by 5561646142795126113 on Feb 25, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I hope it is anti-cancer. But even if it is not, it taste great if you like mustard & horseradish you will most likely like this too. I love it with oats & salmon, tuna, sardines, or on my brown egg 12 grain bread sandwiches. Thomas the bible man

AWESOME

Posted by 5249073456112720556 on Dec 07, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Thank you for the fast shipping and the Wasabi is great.