Great Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 21 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have some digestive health issues and the Collagen Hydrolysate is helping immensely. It is easy to stir into my coffee and it doesn't have a bad taste.

Helps to heal Leaky Gut

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 11 2014 | Verified Purchase

So, a lot of people say they add this to coffee and tea... The problem is, if you add as much as you need, your coffee and tea definitely taste like beef. I've found it's better to add to food. You expect a meaty taste in food. I asked the company and it's definitely OK to cook with it...though to get your full doses, you might as well just slip the powder between your sandwich slices or mix into your green beans, or salad dressing...

Excellent Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 17 2014 | Verified Purchase

Dissolves easily in room temperature liquids. Minimal taste. Skin looks better. Joints feel more lubricated. Only side effect is foul gas which does not bother me but does people around me.

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 14 2016 | Verified Purchase

Some say it`s good for metabolism and/or helps with skin and hair. Didn`t do any for me. However, what it did do magic with were my almost constant pain in the neck, elbow and knee. Most nights I couldn`t even sleep normal despite I have been on Glucosamine and what not for a year or so. I used to wake up feeling tired with the head about to explode, hurting elbow and half functioning knee. Until I bought Great Lakes Gelatin Co., Collagen Hydrolysate. Once I started to dump it into my morning coffee and evening tea, my body started to feel completely different. In positive sort of way. Though it is not tasteless, I couldn`t care less. If you ever tried tasteless BCAA which seem like very much second hand vomit, Gelatin will go down easy. For those of you who doesn`t exercise, dissolve your Collagen Hydrolysate in coffee with some sugar in it, and you won`t even notice. Otherwise, be prepared. Anyway, all my joint pains are now gone. It`s interesting how they say the collagen is mostly protein. Don`t understand how or why it works as I regularly supplement dietary whey already. But doing two heaping teaspoons of gelatin (or two rounded tablespoons) twice a day really made my life much easier. Thanks be to whomever invented this formula, and peace to all who gets to read this my first review here.

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 27 2016 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking this product for about two years. I put it in my morning coffee and it is tasteless. I have arthritis in my knees and the pain and swelling is almost gone with this product. So nice not to have restrictions anymore due to pain ;)

Exactly what our sore backs and hurting ligaments needed

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 7 2016 | Verified Purchase

3 bulged discs (12 years old) and some RSI ligament strains that wouldn't go away (12 months of pain) have both decreased markedly thanks to adding this gear to our diet. Stir into the morning coffee and you're done! This sort of pain relief has only been available via drugs, till we found this gear. Excellent stuff and worth every penny. Cartilage and joint health has never been better!!

Great Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 1 2015 | Verified Purchase

I really like this product. I guess most people mix this with some sort of liquid...I do not. I just eat it out of a tablespoon. I take it to get more protein in my diet along with the way it helps with my joints.

Goodbye, Protein Powder!

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 16 2014 | Verified Purchase

After a stint trying/failing to make homemade broth, this is my answer for now. It will give me lots of lycine, but is easy to consume/quite affordable. Can also be used instead of whey protein, which I love!

Great Lakes Gelatin

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 31 2015 | Verified Purchase

Canadians Beware ... Customs will not allow this product into Canada even though you can purchase it in Canada.

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 15 2016 | Verified Purchase

I opened the box to find the product in a zip lock bag which looked chewed and shredded on the corner. Product pkg looked intact so I used it. I had two strange skin eruptions and I have totally clear skin, normally. I thought this was produced in the US but after calling company found out it was produced in Brazil or Argentina. Company said because they don't use antibiotics. After reading about Zeka virus which those two countries are in the epicenter, I read that those areas have a high use of tetracycline in their cattle, which is what is furthering the spread of Zeka, so I threw it in the trash. Why can't they produce this in the US? The US is full of healthy organically raised cattle.