Feedback on Greens Plus Chia Seeds

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 12, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Greens Plus Chia Seeds comes in a sturdy container and includes a scoop for measuring out servings. The Chia Seeds are very small and smooth in texture which makes them very easy to swallow when mixed in water or whatever beverage you prefer. They also go well on cereals and could probably easily be baked into breads. They do help to maintain your hydration level when you drink them with water, so they are good to drink on hot days if you're going to be outside for extended periods. You can mix it with Nature's Way Alive! (and some Stevia to sweeten) for a natural energy drink.

Like but thickens everything

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 14, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I use these in my smoothie and they have no flavor but give a texture when chewing something like what it's like to chew on poppy seeds in your drink. I have no problem with the taste which is pretty much neutral. The problem I have with them and it's not this product in particular is they thicken my smoothies so much that I keep having to dilute with liquid to make it the right consistency. I sometimes end up skipping adding them because I've found them to change the feel and taste and it's been a little difficult to make them work well with my recipes. Sometimes I leave out the banana or mango (what also thickens the smoothie) and it works out ok.

greens plus chia seeds

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

this is a great product also but only take half in the morning and the other half befor dinner other wise you feel bloated

Chia seeds

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 14, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Great product, helps me to stay fuller longer

An Interesting Addition to the Diet

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 28, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I had read about chia seeds' good omega-3 profile and added them to have a change. I like to eat or drink them after allowing them to soak for about 5 minutes in water. The seeds develop a gel-like capsule around them. I like the resulting texture better than eating them plain. I haven't tried using them as an egg substitute.

WAY better than using Metamucil or whatever ...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 12, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I love this ! The packaging comes with a scoop that has a long enough handle to reach ALL the way to the bottom. I add one scoop to a 16 oz water bottle & shake it up. You can also sprinkle it on salad or mix it up with olive oil & whatever to make salad dressing. GREAT for constipation (NO cramping) and has health benefits besides ! Will buy again !

Very good

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 05, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Chia seeds themselves are great. I add them to granola and sprinkle on yogurt (only problem is I work in customer service and they get caught in your teeth and kind of gel there) They are better added to smoothies.

Healthy Stuff

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Add fibre and Omega 3 to my diet.

Love it!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 28, 2011 | Verified Purchase

We mix it in smoothies for breakfast and sometime make a salad dressing with it. Lassi is also goes well with chia..absoloutely love it!

Chia seeds