Truly superior !!!

Posted by panaceaspecialist on Sep 12, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I have insulin resistance, that's why I bought these. I's just amazing how this particular ALA gives me energy, feeling of well-being, and my cravings and continuous hunger are completely unnoticeable . I have bought Doctor's Best ALA, but nothing compares with the effect that I get with this one. ALA from Doctor's Best contains a lot of fillers that makes me feel kind of sick. I will stick to Healthy Origins from now on.

Alpha Lipoic Acid

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 19, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Thanks to the gentleman whom recommended taking 600 mg of Alpha Lipoic Acid 2x's a day with CoQ10 100 mg a day my pain and numbness in the legs and feet are almost gone. I definately recommend both Healthy Orgins, Alpha Lipoic Acid and Doctor's Best High Absorption CoQ10 as he did. Finally, I can get a decent night sleep without the fear of waking up suddenly with severe pain. God bless Him.

Good.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Very good. Following professor of Chemistry at Princeton University Andrew Cutler's protocol as put out in his books, this is a very potent substance for getting rid of heavy metals. Also it boosts glutathione, which gives at least me ~20 hours of increased activity.

Be careful is you have a weak heart

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

One tablet put me into heart failure for a period of 24 hours, very unplesant experience. I tried again about 3 days later after having recovered but the result was the same. On the internet I have have since read other stories of heart related reactions to ALA in high doses. Clearly some people with heart problems do not cope well with high doses of ALA. I would suggest trying a lower dose first if you are a first time user, most people it would seem do not have a problem.

great!

Posted by Elena1280324 on Jul 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I use it together with DMAE, CoQ10 and collagen. I adhere to a rule that "the beauty begins from within". This complex allows me to support skin in an elastic, smooth condition, constrains emergence of wrinkles. It is convenient to use. Thanks.

Displayed formulation is incorrect

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This formula is not simply ALA plus a gelatin capsule. The capsule also contains magnesium stearate, which is *not* displayed on the iHerb product page as part of the formulation and which I was trying to avoid. ALA is tough enough to absorb without making the problem worse by coating it with grease. As far as I can tell, this is the first time iHerb has made this kind of mistake on the products I buy, but that doesn't return me to a state of happiness on this product. I'll use it up and not rebuy.

Good Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 26, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I am taking this product to help with my neuropathy in my feet. I take one cap per day and I do notice a difference when I run out so I make sure that doesn't happen.

Healthy Origins Alpha Lipoic Acid, 600 mg

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 14, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Firstly, iherb was recommended by my UCLA nephrologist. He is an outstanding doctor and feel his recommendation of iherb, along with Alpha Lipoic Acid for me, as a diabetic with kidney disease, were very helpful in stabilizing my condition. He was surprised I wasn't already taking Alpha Lipoic Acid as he feels it contributes tremendously to one's well being. Feel this brand is quality along with value. Will reorder. (5 stars)

Alpha Lipoic Acid

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 17, 2015 | Verified Purchase

New to this particular brand, but swear by Alpha Lipoic Acid. Very important for any issues with the BRAIN

Diabetic osteoarthritis.

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 28, 2013 | Verified Purchase

With my age of 85, this has helped keep my joints from getting more arthritic.