Finally below 200

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 23 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have been trying to get my cholesterol down below 200 for the past 10 years. I am not able to use statin drugs because of the side effects that they gave me. I tried more than 10 different statin drugs and they all had negative effects on me. Some gave me very bad muscle pain, some would put my arms to sleep and some would put my leg to sleep, and one made my liver count go up. A friend of mine who also uses your Red Yeast Rice, Cholestene, told me how it had lowered her cholesterol. I did not believe it because I had read about the FDA in 2000 making the suppliers of Red Yeast Rice take the Lovostatin out of the product, before it could be sold in the USA. She assured me that it had lowered her cholesterol anyway, so I said I would give it a try. I started using your RYR on May 15th. I went to the doctor on July 21st for my usual cholesterol check and they called me the next day to tell me that my total Cholesterol had gone from 262 on my last visit, to 179 on this visit. I was just blown away. I have been taking three cholestene twice a day. I will now start taking two capsules two times a day, now that it has gone below 200. I just wanted to thank you for your great product and to order another 3 months supply, Yours truly, Larry

This Is A Miracle

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 10 2013 | Verified Purchase

I'm one month shy of my 60th BD and have been battling a rising cholesterol for years. Cutting out meat and going vegetarian didn't even help. The numbers kept creeping up. Last June, 2012, my blood work was: Total Serum Cholesterol 269; Triglycerides 115; HDL 52; LDL 79; Cholesterol/HDL ratio 2.9. After 6 months of taking 2 capsules twice a day of Cholestene my blood work is: Total Serum Cholesterol 147; Triglycerides 87; LDL 79; HDL 51; Cholesterol/HDL ratio 2.9. First, obviously my initial HDL, LDL, and Cholesterol/HDL ratio were normal in June, 2012, and those numbers did not change. But, as you can see, my total cholesterol and triglycerides dropped significantly in 6 months. I watch what I eat: no red meat except for an occasional small piece of grilled buffalo, no desserts, no fatty cheese. I do eat about 2-4 eggs/week, eat a lot of salmon, halibut, cod, shrimp, turkey burgers, chicken, walnuts, no-fat Greek yogurt, and olives. But that has been my diet for several years after realizing that being a vegetarian wasn't helping my cholesterol. And, I DON'T eat oatmeal,and I don't exercise (some walking)due to severe arthritis. My liver function studies are all normal, and I have not experienced any muscle aches or pains. I do take 600mg COQ10 twice a day and 200 mg Ubiquinol twice a day. Before starting on Cholestene, I read several research articles in journals about red yeast rice and brands of red yeast rice. Cholestene was rated highest, most efficacious, and safest brand sold. I will continue on this product instead of using statins, and I highly recommend Cholestene.

Try this before a statin-

Posted by treater on May 19 2012 | Verified Purchase

(if your doctor is willing to work with you, that is) We eat wholesome, heathy foods and take quality supplements. (also no sugar) We have tried different strategies for years to lower my husbads LDL, with no success... until now! After taking Healthy Origins Cholestene and Tocomin Supra Bio for four months, (with no side effects whatsoever) here are his lab reports: (B=before, A=after) Total Cholesterol: B-239, A-147 HDL: B-52, A-47 LDL: B-149, A-83 Triglycerides, B-149, A-86 Chol/HDLC Ratio: B-4.6, A-3.1 His doctor was amazed and told him to continue this regimen. Cholestene, 2 caps morning meal, 2 caps evening meal. (4 caps total per day) Tocomin SupraBio, 1 softgel a.m.

Terrific Product

Posted by iHerb Customer on April 25 2009 | Verified Purchase

I must admit that I was a little skeptical about this product, but it really works. I just received my bloodwork results and I was amazed at how fast my cholesterol levels improved. In approximately 8 weeks my overall cholesterol dropped from 238 to 176 and my triglycerides dropped from 315 to 134. I take 4 cholestene pills daily (two at lunch and two at dinner) with absolutely no side effects. I highly recommend this product.

Recommended by my cardiologist!

Posted by iHerb Customer on July 4 2007 | Verified Purchase

I have been using Cholestene for some time now. I take only half the recommended dose as that seems to do the trick. My cholesterol level came down within a couple of months after starting to take one capsule in the A.M. and one in the P.M. It wasn't terribly high but I have high blood pressure. This was a conservative approach and it worked! I highly recommend it, along with exercise, taking the skin off your chicken, no red meat, and a few other things, but I'd been doing all the rest before starting this and the Cholestene was what did the trick!

Amazing results!

Posted by iHerb Customer on October 2 2016 | Verified Purchase

My mother suffered TIA (small strokes) because of her high cholesterol. The ordinary GP and Hospital put her on medication for it. In 6months she developed fatty liver becasue of that medication. Our good GP replaced the tablets and aspirine, she was meant to take, with Cholestene. Within 3 months her cholesterol levels dropped from 6 to 3.5. I cannot recommend this product highly enough!

HPF Cholestene Review

Posted by iHerb Customer on February 7 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have been using Healthy Origins Cholestene for several years and it has lowered my overall cholesterol from the 230's to the 180's. It really works for me.

So happy with this!

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 10 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have never written a review before, but I just had to with this supplement. My last blood test showed that I had high cholesterol and my doctor was going to put me on medication. I talked him into allowing me two months to try and do it on my own. In that two months I worked on eating healthier and researched alternatives to the cholesterol medications. I came across this supplement and read the reviews, and it was also recommended. I tried it out for the two months, but only took one capsule in the morning and one in the evening since my numbers were not that high. It was amazing. I dropped my overall cholesterol by 66 and my bad cholesterol by 51. All within a two month time frame and am now well within the normal range for cholesterol. Not one problem taking it, and no side effects at all. This product is a true blessing and I am so glad to be able to have an alternative to prescription medication. Thank you!

Good Cholesterol count

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 6 2007 | Verified Purchase

I've been using Red Yeast Rice for a number of years along with Omega 3 to reduce my cholesterol count from 300 down to 167. My usual source for the red yeast quit selling it. So I went on line to find a new source and iHerb had the lowest price. I ordered on a Sunday and by Tuesday it was on my doorstep. No muss, no fuss. iHerb is quick, easy, with great prices. And the Red Yeast is the same great stuff I'd been using and nothing was substituted or messed with. iHerb is the best on the planet and my new supplier now.

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 30 2016 | Verified Purchase

My doctor wanted me to take a statin drug to lower my cholesterol. I ordered Cholestene instead. My numbers went down so much that my doctor is now going to recommend Cholestene to his other patients.