Quality probiotic so far

Posted by nmbenzo on Mar 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

First, I would like to begin with the disclaimer that I have only been using this probiotic for about two weeks, so I cannot speak on behalf of the long term efficacy of this probiotic. This said, I began using this product to help eradicate candida symptoms that have been present for over a year; most likely brought about due to my insatiable thirst for really tasty beer and wine. I have tried several other probiotics available through iHerb.com, mostly in the CFU range between four billion to about 15 billion. Although, I did notice some improvement in my digestion using the aforementioned probiotics, I did NOT notice any unequivocal changes in my candida symptoms; they just appeared to be kicking the can down the road and not actually treating the real problem. Not true with this product. After the first three to four days, I had one evening of strong diarrhea and terrible gas for about a week. I was almost ready to give up on the Healthy Origin probiotics because they appeared to be too much for my tender digestive tract, but then I realized that these reactions must be "die-off" symptoms of candida albicans. Hey, this actually could be working?! About one week later, I am experiencing even better digestion and almost zero gas or bloating after meals. I have also noticed better sleep quality and a clearer head. To my wonderful surprise, I believe this probiotic is actually doing what it is supposed to in terms of rebalancing my digestive tract; although, a full review and five star rating is contingent upon longer use. To sum up, so far this probiotic appears to be working well to reduce my candida symptoms and bring a balance to the healthy bacteria in my gut. I use this product along with Saccro B by Jarrow and Vitamineral Green by Healthforce Nutritionals. I have had good experience with both of those products in the past. I am also using a Zeolite product from Healthforce and Bragg's ACV to keep a well oiled system, but that is neither here nor there, as the focus of this review is on Healthy Origins probiotic. Good luck in your journey towards a balanced and well oiled digestive system. Remember, the gut is your second brain!

Reliable & Best probiotics for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 05, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This works best for me among the twelve brands I have tried. It controls my appetite. I eat much less now. Amazingly it makes my wife, who used to eat very little, eat more. Both of us eat healthy amount of food now. My digestive organs are in premium conditions. The product reduces inflamation in my body. WIth less acnes I look better. Muscle aches are gone. As a result, I walk much faster as I did when I was younger. It seems to affect how my body makes fat. The oil on my face was greatly reduced and my body ordor is gone. My allergy symptoms, skin itchness and sneezing, are greatly reduced. However, this product has some limitations. It does not help me sleep better as PB8 does. This product does not contain Bifidobacterium Bifidum, which produces neurotransmitter. This product seems to be weak against stomach acid, although the label of the bottle says the opposite. The product works on me well only when I take stomach acid suppressor. A firend of my with strong stomach acid, took 4 capsules a day, still had very littel effects on him. Because of these limits, I rate 4 stars. But still one of best probiotics on market.

great but not therapeutic

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

in the 12 years of dealing with IBS and food allergies ( I take zyrtec every day) I have concluded that some probiotics help more than others, some work only with a strict diet that excludes "sensitive" foods and some don't work at all no matter how you change your diet. for me this worked only if I stay on gluten and dairy free diet. for people without reactions to food it's probably all they need. though for myself, I rotate between the "therapeutic" strains like Florastor or Reuteri (BioGaia) which allow me to eat greater variety of foods, I have to say that this "Healthy Origins" is an excellent prophylactic probiotic, I recommend it to friends and buy it for my mom.

Great product

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 11, 2017 | Verified Purchase

love this product really helping my gut problem

From the first capsule,my digestion immediately improved

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 23, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Highly recommended especially after a course of antibiotics.Delivers as promised.

Healthy Origins, Probiotic, 30 Billion CFU's, 60 Vcaps

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 18, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I have been using this Probiotic for 11 days and have found it to be very effective in reducing stomach bloating and a tired feeling most of the time. I would recommend this product to my friends.

Acidophilus

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Am reasonably happy with this product but had better success with the cheaper Solgar acidophilus -- they aren't as strong but seem to work best for me.

happy belly

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 05, 2011 | Verified Purchase

excellent probiotic !! works exceptionally well with my digestive tract. I have tried others and this one is far better and works efficiently.

Good but

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 21, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Good range of probees but has no fructo oligosacharides to help them grow. Still, it's useful being able to take with food.

Works For Me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 25, 2017 | Verified Purchase

It says shelf stable but i refrigerate it after opening as i live in the tropics. Otherwise it works just fine.