Healthy Origins, Vitamin D3, 5,000 IU, 360 Softgels

Posted by Reviewer1064944 on Jul 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have had Multiple Sclerosis for 25 years (I am 61). I used to fall easily. Three years ago, I fell breaking the neck of my femur, which resulted in a total hip replacement. A year ago, my neurologist suggested I try Vitamin D 5,000 IU daily. Since then, I have hardly fallen at all and have had no detrimental effects. I am very pleased to have found Healthy Origins as I also have no allergic reactions to the softgel Vit. D3.

high dosage

Posted by Reviewer1670699 on Dec 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Although a good product, it seems that this dosage of 5,000 IU is too high, especially for people with auto-immune disease. I experienced increasing immune system activity within 1-2 days, which is unfavourable . A maximum of 2,000 IU seems appropriate to me.

buying these from NZ

Posted by Reviewer3178685 on Apr 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

a warning- the NZ gov't considers these "prescription strength". iHerb sent them promptly, but MedSafe confiscated them before they got to me. Star rating was required for posting- no reflection on the product from me as I was not able to receive them.

from norway

Posted by Reviewer1252691 on Feb 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I never got theese.. Its not allowed with that high dose, so it was sent back to iherb...

Vitamin d

Posted by Reviewer1333223 on Sep 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is still a new product for me and learning how to use it. Seems that one per day is too heavy for me.

- Many tiny gels for one great price! -

Posted by Christal on Sep 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Taking this based on the recommendation to take more Vit. D, especially for those with depression who's also not getting enough sunlight. Like the fact that one tiny softgel has so much power (and the great price for THAT many softgels!), but have not felt it helping my depression.

Vitamin D3

Posted by Reviewer2427882 on Oct 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Good Price, Large quantity,Excellent size of product, good packaging (proper size container for amout provided) Rasonably fast delivery. Waiting a minimum period before testing for benefits. I am encouraged to order other products.

Unsatisfied

Posted by Reviewer1166756 on Mar 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

No difference noted. I've been sick ever since I started taking all these vitamins & herbs.

dont know