Healthy Origins, Vitamin D3, 5,000 IU, 360 Softgels

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have had Multiple Sclerosis for 25 years (I am 61). I used to fall easily. Three years ago, I fell breaking the neck of my femur, which resulted in a total hip replacement. A year ago, my neurologist suggested I try Vitamin D 5,000 IU daily. Since then, I have hardly fallen at all and have had no detrimental effects. I am very pleased to have found Healthy Origins as I also have no allergic reactions to the softgel Vit. D3.

high dosage

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Although a good product, it seems that this dosage of 5,000 IU is too high, especially for people with auto-immune disease. I experienced increasing immune system activity within 1-2 days, which is unfavourable . A maximum of 2,000 IU seems appropriate to me.

Seems OK... but my levels still dropped

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Pills are small & seem basically the same as other's I've tried, but my Vit. D levels still dropped slightly, even taking these 5-6 times per week... so I'm not sure if they're absorbing as well as they should or if I really just need THAT much to keep my numbers up!

buying these from NZ

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 04, 2011 | Verified Purchase

a warning- the NZ gov't considers these "prescription strength". iHerb sent them promptly, but MedSafe confiscated them before they got to me. Star rating was required for posting- no reflection on the product from me as I was not able to receive them.

from norway

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I never got theese.. Its not allowed with that high dose, so it was sent back to iherb...

Vitamin d

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

This is still a new product for me and learning how to use it. Seems that one per day is too heavy for me.

- Many tiny gels for one great price! -

Posted by Christal on Mar 11, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Taking this based on the recommendation to take more Vit. D, especially for those with depression who's also not getting enough sunlight. Like the fact that one tiny softgel has so much power (and the great price for THAT many softgels!), but have not felt it helping my depression.

Vitamin D3

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Good Price, Large quantity,Excellent size of product, good packaging (proper size container for amout provided) Rasonably fast delivery. Waiting a minimum period before testing for benefits. I am encouraged to order other products.

Unsatisfied

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

No difference noted. I've been sick ever since I started taking all these vitamins & herbs.

It takes some time

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 31, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking it for 2 months now and I haven't felt any difference. BUT - I was taking smaller dosage on purpose: 1 pill instead of 2 because I was in the sun a lot. Now I have started to take 2 pills, as I should according to my blood analysis and I will be writing a follow up after some time about it.

1 2 3