Very effective

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I had to cut down on this product, because the bloodtest showed my Vit D levels were too high, after taking this product for some months. This product is very effective.

Excellent

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 03, 2009 | Verified Purchase

As a person who doesn't get out much, eat much fish or drink much dairy this is definitely a good buy. Increased mental clarify + feelings of well being, gained 5 lbs of muscle mass in a couple weeks, and helped me recover from sickness much quicker. Haven't been sick since either. Definitely recommended.

Beware if you are allergic to wool!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 25, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This product is sourced from lanolin. I have been taking Vitamin D3 for years. I decided to try this brand instead of my regular brand because of iHerb's great prices for it. It took me over 3 weeks of upset stomach and breaking out with rashes on my chest before I finally traced the cause back to this Vitamin D product. Once I quit taking it, all symptoms disappeared.

Perfect D3 supplement

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Very good price, packaging size and strength. I've previously taken 120mcg dosage with 20mcg pills (there is no stronger available in Finland). It is so much easier to take just one pill and with 360 in the can this lasts long! I've had very positive effects from taking D3, depression gone, no swine influenza :) or any illness during autumn.

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 09, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Vitamin D is the most important nutrient discovered. In fact, it is more of a hormone than vitamin! It is probably the most researched nutrient/hormone at the moment. It is currently known to prevent/reduce all forms of cancer growth, heart disease, diabetes, dementia, sleepiness, dry skin, autoimmune disease, mental degenerative diseases, dental diseases, osteoporosis, depression, obesity, asthma, muscle weakness, improve immune system and many other undiscovered benefits. This supplement uses Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) which is better absorbed and more bio active, compared to D2 (ergocalciferol). This bottle is very cheap for a nearly a year supply. However, I would recommend daily intake of 10,000 IU of Vitamin D. Even so, it will still last you for 6 months! The further you stay away from the equator, the more Vitamin D you will need. Even if you stay near the equator like me but have to stay in the office all day, you probably want to take 1-2 softgels daily. Most people are chronically deficient in Vitamin D due to the years of misinforming the population to avoid the sunlight at all costs (sunblock etc). Vitamin D is fat-soluble so it’s best to take it with healthy fats (The olive oil in the softgel might suffice though). The softgel are made of gelatine (not for vegetarian), small and easy to swallow. This is currently one of my arsenal of supplements! Check out my page for more reviews!

Great price for a needed supplement

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I landed on this product from Steve Gibson's excellent Vitamin D analysis page and just bought this based on his recommendation. So far, so good. I can definitely tell a difference in my overall health. I just feel better. I've noticed the biggest difference in my sleep. I've been sleeping much, much better since getting my Vitamin D level up.

Did not work

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 04, 2010 | Verified Purchase

My husband was taking this daily... for months... just had a blood test... the doctor told us he has LOW vitamin D levels. We are switching brands in a hurry.

Vitamin D3 is powerful!

Posted by vinetu28 on Jun 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This is my favorite vitamin supplement. I have noticed since taking this product that I have more energy, but I know that the benefits are much more. Been reading recently on the fantastic benefits of vitamin D and that D3 is the best form. There is plenty of scientific evidence that vitamin D has several different effects on immune system function that may enhance your immunity. It is important to know that Vitamin D deficiency is one of the most common micronutrient deficiencies. I read that spring, fall and summer noontime sunshine exposure provides adequate Vitamin D. So, stay out a short time if your skin is light, but stay out longer if your skin is dark. Very light-skinned individuals can make adequate Vitamin D from arm and face noontime exposure in 15 minutes or less. Very dark-skinned individuals may require up to 2 hours to achieve the same level. Skin color is adaptive to sunlight levels, so that people from equatorial regions are darker-skinned and people from Iceland, who are starved for sun and Vitamin D, are very light-skinned. It's interesting that primitive cultures living far from the equator prize the few foods that naturally concentrate Vitamin D3, like fish liver oil and sea mammal blubber. Cod liver oil is about the only food supplement that provides a lot of Vitamin D. It is important that individuals who are not frequently exposed to the sun, who regularly wear sunblock or who are dark-skinned take Vitamin D3 supplements.Also, individuals who are elderly or obese generally require more Vitamin D3. Many researchers feel these groups should take 5,000 IU daily. As you get older you have more difficulty absorbing D and fat cells tend to sequester (trap) Vitamin D. The blood test that is used to assess vitamin D status is 25-OH vitamin D. Optimum levels are 25-OH vitamin D levels of between 30 and 80 mg/dl. To summarize, I advise everyone to take Vitamin D3, because it is essential.

Life saver..

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 17, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was very tired and tested low on vit D, I was taking 2400IU for 8 months..and a new blood test came within 'normal' range..I will continue taking this as in wintertime we don't get much sun here in Canada.. I have learned about importance of vit D3 and sun exposure from dr. Mercola's articles and researched many papers on vit D3..how it affects our immunity and neurology, almost everything..I can't find such quality vit D3 where I live so I'm glad iherb can ship their products. I also like that the capsule has no harmful additives, I don't know if the pure olive oil is extra virgin or not, it would be great to find this vitamin product in the certified organic form also. In the meantime Vit D3 from Healthy Origins is what I will be reordering as I think it's the best and really works.

Vitamin-D really works.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 24, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have not been ill, no flu, no nothing after I started to take just one softgel per day. I also sleep better and wake up easily even on early mornings like 6am.