Love it

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

As with any vitamin you are never really sure if what you are taking is working. But these Vit D3 with 5,000 mg is just what I needed to help me on the road to recovery from adrenal/thyroid problems. Excellent value also.

Positive feelings

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 01, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Just after three weeks I find it easier to get up in the mornings. Even if I haven't slept much because of my little kids (and their nightcries...). Maybe some first signs of growing energy levels are visible too, but it's too early to make final judgements yet.

Healthy Origins, Vitamin D3, 5,000 IU, 360 Softgels

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 25, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have had Multiple Sclerosis for 25 years (I am 61). I used to fall easily. Three years ago, I fell breaking the neck of my femur, which resulted in a total hip replacement. A year ago, my neurologist suggested I try Vitamin D 5,000 IU daily. Since then, I have hardly fallen at all and have had no detrimental effects. I am very pleased to have found Healthy Origins as I also have no allergic reactions to the softgel Vit. D3.

Did not work for me

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 24, 2014 | Verified Purchase

have been taking this for a year and my vit. D levels are still insufficient!

high dosage

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 09, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Although a good product, it seems that this dosage of 5,000 IU is too high, especially for people with auto-immune disease. I experienced increasing immune system activity within 1-2 days, which is unfavourable . A maximum of 2,000 IU seems appropriate to me.

Love this product.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 05, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I love this product. I had never had my vitamin D level checked, and had not been to a "regular" doctor in a very long time since adopting a more healthy lifestyle, because I have been so well. So I decided to have a routine checkup, and the doctor said he almost never sees such a good Vitamin D level on anyone. So I guess this product works because it has been the only Vitamin D I have been using. Good price too.

Seems OK... but my levels still dropped

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 25, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Pills are small & seem basically the same as other's I've tried, but my Vit. D levels still dropped slightly, even taking these 5-6 times per week... so I'm not sure if they're absorbing as well as they should or if I really just need THAT much to keep my numbers up!

Wonderful.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 10, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This product works very nicely. No longer feel lethargic and inflamed in some parts of my body. This is the most economical package in the entire site and it is the key to good immune and bone health. Get it!

Excellent !

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 28, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was diagnosed recently with a Vitamin D deficiency,and found that in Australia I could only get Vitamin D in a 1000 i.u.dosage.I came across the iHerb site and ordered this product as it was in the dosage I required, contained a large amount of capsules, and was far cheaper than anything Australia had to offer.I couldn't believe that iHerb had such a wide range of competitively priced products and needless to say, I will be ordering from iHerb again.

take with care !

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 02, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Following the advice of some doctors who write on the internet our family took doses of D3 in doses of 5,000 over a period of 2 weeks when under threat of flu and increasing to 50,000 when we were exposed to it in our vicinity. I did not catch the flu, but did have overdose symptoms of a strange variety including dry mouth, frequent urination, feeling spacey, strange visual perception, upper right gastric discomfort - and more. My 19 year old son actually began to get the flu when i recommended he take large dose to stop it in its tracks. He has been unwell for 12 days now ! Never really got the flu or fever but feels spacey and very tired. My husband remains unscathed ! Beware there are people sensitive to D. They should take it max every 2 weeks in c 2,000iu dose and then they will notice if they are sensitive and can cut down. One good thing - muscle aches disappeared ! But at a price.