Not into it, but still good for some people

Posted by iHerb Customer on September 17 2013 | Verified Purchase

I find that this product really burns my insides and the feeling lasts for a long time. You have to take it on an empty stomach, and after wards it just.....burns. I don't like the feeling at all (feels something like heartburn or "stomach burn", so I won't use it anymore, but for people with really bad IBS it's worth a try.

I haven't noticed any great difference.

Posted by iHerb Customer on March 19 2010 | Verified Purchase

I do have to be careful when I take them. If I take them on an empty stomach it burns when they dissolve. They do give a pleasant peppermint scented burp ;)

Does the job, but with a price...

Posted by iHerb Customer on August 19 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have to admit, when I do take the peppermint oil caps, my IBS symptoms are quite under control. HOWEVER, my gag reflex feels shot, and I lose my appetite slightly because I feel like I have to throw up in little waves (the peppermint oil is a strong muscle relaxant, which is why it controls IBS so well). So, I dunno. I think that if my IBS was worse I'd have no choice, but since I do, I'll stay away from this stuff for now.

Not As Good As Expected

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 16 2010 | Verified Purchase

These work pretty well, but not as well as I've had plain peppermint oil pills work in the past. I don't think I would order them again.

not bad, but not the best either

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 24 2018 | Verified Purchase

Use 2 capsules, if you want to feel something. It is not enough strong, I have tried better capsules before.

Not well for my gut

Posted by iHerb Customer on January 16 2018 | Verified Purchase

Hasn't done anything to relieve symptoms.

cools my insides

Posted by iHerb Customer on November 17 2016 | Verified Purchase

Posted by iHerb Customer on June 21 2015 | Verified Purchase

I'm not sure if this really did anything. Didn't notice much of a difference. Possibly had some positive effect but not a huge one.

Strong laxative effect

Posted by iHerb Customer on May 5 2015 | Verified Purchase

These appear to have a strong laxative effect on me. A few hours after taking one, I have a fairly urgent reaction. I didn't think a single capsule would have such a rapid and strong effect. However, judging by the minty aroma and menthol sensation, it is these. Once that is over though, I'm good for the rest of the day. So, they do help, just not how I'd hoped.

Didn't work as expected, though I may not have given it enough time

Posted by herbalicious on April 15 2012 | Verified Purchase

I used this as directed for 3 weeks and noticed no change. I still couldnt eat my trigger foods. Though this might be because my gastro upsets are likely directly related to food intolerances. It is also possible that this would have been more effective over 3 months rather than just 3 weeks. I didnt notice enough difference to make it worth ordering again. But everyone is different and it obviously works for a lot of people. :)

1 2