Not into it, but still good for some people

Posted by 5178637037423812339 on Sep 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

I find that this product really burns my insides and the feeling lasts for a long time. You have to take it on an empty stomach, and after wards it just.....burns. I don't like the feeling at all (feels something like heartburn or "stomach burn", so I won't use it anymore, but for people with really bad IBS it's worth a try.

I haven't noticed any great difference.

Posted by Reviewer2622590 on Mar 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I do have to be careful when I take them. If I take them on an empty stomach it burns when they dissolve. They do give a pleasant peppermint scented burp ;)

Does the job, but with a price...

Posted by Reviewer2097960 on Aug 19, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I have to admit, when I do take the peppermint oil caps, my IBS symptoms are quite under control. HOWEVER, my gag reflex feels shot, and I lose my appetite slightly because I feel like I have to throw up in little waves (the peppermint oil is a strong muscle relaxant, which is why it controls IBS so well). So, I dunno. I think that if my IBS was worse I'd have no choice, but since I do, I'll stay away from this stuff for now.

Not As Good As Expected

Posted by Reviewer2037070 on Jun 16, 2010 | Verified Purchase

These work pretty well, but not as well as I've had plain peppermint oil pills work in the past. I don't think I would order them again.

cools my insides

Posted by 5547937418830002042 on Nov 17, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Unsure

Posted by 5747495595818775780 on Jun 21, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I'm not sure if this really did anything. Didn't notice much of a difference. Possibly had some positive effect but not a huge one.

Strong laxative effect

Posted by Reviewer2731050 on May 05, 2015 | Verified Purchase

These appear to have a strong laxative effect on me. A few hours after taking one, I have a fairly urgent reaction. I didn't think a single capsule would have such a rapid and strong effect. However, judging by the minty aroma and menthol sensation, it is these. Once that is over though, I'm good for the rest of the day. So, they do help, just not how I'd hoped.

Didn't work as expected, though I may not have given it enough time

Posted by herbalicious on Apr 15, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I used this as directed for 3 weeks and noticed no change. I still couldnt eat my trigger foods. Though this might be because my gastro upsets are likely directly related to food intolerances. It is also possible that this would have been more effective over 3 months rather than just 3 weeks. I didnt notice enough difference to make it worth ordering again. But everyone is different and it obviously works for a lot of people. :)

minimial effect

Posted by Reviewer2792471 on Nov 29, 2011 | Verified Purchase

minimal effect

Peppermint Oil for ibs

Posted by Reviewer3299614 on Sep 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I am not sure if this helped or not to be honest. Sometimes i think the oil upset my empty stomach and sometimes i think the peppermint might have helped, but it was cheap and worth trying b/c i have heard good things from other people

1 2