Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Apr 17, 2013 | Verified Purchase

L-arginine is a common amino acid in protein food and is the precursor to nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is a powerful vasodilator and when taken in high enough doses, it is known to be able to boost athletic performance (commonly used by gym goers), lower high blood pres sure naturally, immune booster, aids in weight los s by increasing muscle to fat ratio, keeping the skin smooth, anti aging, build new bones, increase Human Growth Hormone, anti cancer, improve wound healing, detoxification, reduce mental stres s, aid in dysfunction in men and improve performance. The amounts of arginine present in food are normally insufficient to show benefits as shown therefore it will be neces sary to take L-arginine supplement in order to achieve the results required. Though the product recommends 1 tablet (1g each) 1-2 daily, I find that 1-2 g daily is too low to able to feel any results. Generally, you will need 4-6 g daily over some time to feel the results. Note that taking too much at the same time is likely to cause diarrhea as well. In my case, 7-8 tablets at the same time seem to cause loose stools and will not happen if split into two different timings. An important point is that to take the tablets on empty stomach because if taken with food, it will compete with other amino acid for absorption thus reducing the actual amount absorbed. The tablets are suitable for vegetarians and are large so some people might have difficulty swallowing. In this case, it is best to take capsules (more expensive than tablets) instead.

For cold feet

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 21, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was suffering from extremely cold feet. They cold sensation went away right after I started taking one of these per day.

Increased my energy level

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 13, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I read a report for increasing your own HGH thereby increasing your energy levels and it really works. 1 gram each of L-Lysine; Arginine; L-Glutamine; and CDP Choline. I am 60 and since taking this have the energy I used to at 30!! My husband has a very physically demanding job and the first day he felt a difference also.

bulk and an unexpected extra

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 10, 2009 | Verified Purchase

not only did my muscle bulk increase almost immediately, I also experience increased libido.

Arginine for Sexual Performance

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 20, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have been using Jarrow Arginine 1000 tablets to enhance my sexual performance for about three years now. I take two tablets a day. It took about a month before I experienced the full effects but since then I always feel confident I will obtain an erection when the time is right. I have not experienced any adverse side affects. It has allowed me to experience a very regular, reliable, and enjoyable sex life.

Pretty Good!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 12, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Helps me maintain my lean muscle mass. I'm in my mid-50s & still working out so this one's a pretty good booster.

Blood flow

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 01, 2011 | Verified Purchase

It really increases the blood flow to the extremities of the body! Very interesting!

Capsules may be more effective....

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Firstly, as far as arginine itself goes, I am wholly sold on its efficacy. I would recommend it to men with ED and to others looking for increased blood flow throughout the body. Arginine has many, many benefits for both women and men that are well chronicled elsewhere -- not just in the sexual realm. But in my experience, capsules or arginine powder seem significantly more effective than these tablets. Perhaps it's just the brand, or maybe tablets just don't get as readily absorbed. Great site to order from, BTW. Fast deliveries and excellent prices and selection.

Post Surgery Recovery

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 18, 2015 | Verified Purchase

I've bought this for my mother to take with Thorne's Taurine and Jarrow's L-Glutamine for faster healing after breast surgery - 2 tabs a day 2 weeks before and after the operation with adequate protein intake is helping the surgical wounds to heal faster. I've taken these recommendation from Dr Mercola's article about faster recovery after surgery.

Arginine

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 13, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Excellent for before workout. Seems to get the blood flowing to the muscules.