For anyone over 45, this is a must-have. The dosage of lutein (10mg) and zeaxanthin (2mg) are perfectly in sync with the American Optometric Association's 2011 recommendations. The Alpha-Carotene content is in response to recent clinical discoveries (research it on Google). It's terrific that Jarrow dosed the overall Vit A at 52% Daily Value, since we're getting the other 48% (and then some) in our regular diet (fresh spinach, carrots, pumpkin, mangoes, etc.) However, I'm disappointed that Jarrow provides us a meager half milligram of astaxanthin whereas other specialists go with 8mg a day.
Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 19, 2009 | Verified Purchase
very potent, after taking this for a few weeks I became intolerant with my eyes becoming light sensitive and joint pain.
Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 08, 2011 | Verified Purchase
Very good product with natural carotenoid sources. Moreover, there is no oil in the softgels. However, there is a small amount of zeaxanthin and astaxanthin.
Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase
I'm a triathlete and full time analyst in the banking industry. Hence stress levels mentally and physically are very high. This helped alot to put off the running noses and flu that always derailed me. However I do take like alot. On stressful days I take up to 8 pills of carotenall(5 on less stressful days). I take it with cod liver oil AND a vitamin A supplement(up to 20,000IUs, minimum 10,000IUs) I am pretty surprised by the amount I need daily as I blow everything out of the water. However I carefully measured the effect of the amounts and have found my sweet spot to be effectively flu & running nose resistant(almost). The pity is that each pill is only 2500IU of vitamin A for Carotenall. Being the mischevious boy who doesn't eat his veggies it was a big slap in my face now that I'm grown up and because of what's inside veggies I am unable to go the distance. However this mixed carotenoid complex works well! Warning. Don't follow my doses unless you're working 12 hour shifts AND putting in heavy 2 hours and above gym time. AND on a reduced calorie diet.
Posted by freeradicle on Jun 19, 2017 | Verified Purchase
This has the main carotenoids, but not such a big dose of beta carotene as many other supplements. This can be useful for someone who is already getting a lot of beta carotene from other sources and wants to add on the mixed carotenoids without overdoing the beta carotene.
Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 01, 2015 | Verified Purchase
I use it for my eyes, help with dry eyes, love the stuff, allows better eyesight, when it is needed... which is always ;-)
Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 29, 2008 | Verified Purchase
There is research that indicates that some carotenoids cause cancer cells to revert back to healthy cells.
Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 10, 2017 | Verified Purchase
I have been taking CarotenAll for several years, and have not experienced any "dry eye" since I began taking it. My only complaint is the new shape of the softgel. It is bigger and rounder than it was previously and sometimes uncomfortable for me to swallow. I can understand if it has to be larger--but if it must be larger, please consider making it longer and narrower.
Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 14, 2008 | Verified Purchase
had a good dosage of lycopene.you guys used to carry twinlab maxilife multicarotene that was very similar.it would be good to have that choice again.
Posted by MarieCurie on Jun 11, 2017 | Verified Purchase
The product is OK, but I get the same ingredients and many more from LifeExtension Health Booster, so I switched to that!
Posted by EmiMesic on Aug 07, 2014 | Verified Purchase
As a tan enhancer - it does NOT work as well as their previous product with lycopene and luteine, I actually got burned in the sun,BUT not nearly as badly as I would have without. My tan is now really , really nice. I should have started on these weeks before I went on vacation, but my order was a bit late, so it was maybe not the product, but the time frame. Regarding the eyes - no improvement. Antioxidants - I am on these now, having a cold, so.. But the main purpose, the tan enhancment worked kind of ok..
1-10 of 18 total