Helps immensely for controlling my hypoglycemia!!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

My doctor ordered I take this 2 times a day to control my insulin levels through the day after diagnosing my Hypoglycemia. Didn't notice how well it was working until I ran out! I have had horrible 'crashes' after not taking for a week. It has been about 3 weeks now and finally able to re-order! WHEW! It is due to arrive today and can hardly wait!!

Good for Energy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Great quality. Gives me a nice boost. Helps my chronic fatigue. I take it with Jarrow Alpha Lipoic Acid following Stephen Cherniske's - The Metabolic Plan. It is nice and small capsule, and does its job well. Jarrow is a high quality brand. This product is fermented in Canada by Institut Rosell-Lallemand (on the label).

It works but...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Too well. It's a good product but sends my blood sugar down to hypoglycemic levels if I take it every day. I would get super hungry right after I ate. Now I take it every other day and it is great and the price is definitely right!

Good Quality

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 24, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Good quality for the price. Helps with blood sugar/hypoglycemia. Also, my heart used to flutter. Somebody at a health food store said this was from a lack of chromium. Since I started taking this, I haven't had any heart flutters.

Small but perfectly formed!

Posted by iLoveiHerb on Jun 24, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Chromium is an essential mineral that is necessary for the formation of Glucose Tolerance Factor. This is a compound that regulates the body's use of glucose and helps to balance blood sugar. Chromium may also influence fat and protein metabolism, facilitating their breakdown for use as energy. Chromium also features in the transportation of amino acids to the muscles, aiding in muscle growth and repair. I like these Jarrow Formulas a the capsules are very small and easy to take.

Helps with sugar cravings

Posted by WildSweetVermont on Jul 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

My sweetie takes this more often than I do. I tend to take it only when I am having a big pasta meal. Easy to swallow, helps with sugar cravings. Remember to always check with your own doctor to make sure that a supplement is right for you and won't interfere with other things you are taking, etc. Heal well! :)

It Works

Posted by kanaca on Mar 13, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Dr. Andrew Weil recommends up to 1000mg/day. It works more efficiently when I take this much. I have CFIDS, and I think my body's able to convert a little bit of fat stores into energy, at least. Seems to help with sugar craving/up-down blood sugar. Jarrow Formulas seems as good as they say!

Works!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 02, 2011 | Verified Purchase

These tiny capsules do a great job! I used Chromium picolinate before, but it did nothing to get my blood glucose levels down. This one does. Within a week, I got my levels down - from 11.8 (fasting levels) to 8.2 in less than 2 weeks. It needs to go down further, but this is a great start. I use it together with Gymnema (I used Avesta, from iHerb).

Denise

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 16, 2007 | Verified Purchase

I am using this as a replacement for a much more expensive brand and it works just a good.

Antidepressant for atypical

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 20, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Downregulates 5HT2A and acts as an antidepressant. Worked great for me @ 50mcg in the morning. Worth a try before you go the route of prescription.