Replaced prescription Lisinopril

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 28, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My mother used to take 20 mg of Lisinopril. She now just takes just one capsule of Hawthorn per day and her blood pressure has been great - actually better than on the Lisinopril! She eats very well and takes other supplements, but Hawthorn seems to be the only one that has significantly lowered her blood pressure. UPDATE 2012: She continued to take 1 Hawthorn every day for over 2 years with excellent blood pressure. Now she doesn't take any because she finds her blood pressure is usually good without it. Before switching to Hawthorn, her BP was very high. Several of her friends switched from prescription to Hawthorn on her recommendation with great results.

Works Great For Blood Pressure

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 03, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I take this, along with olive leaf extract, to help manage high blood pressure. My bp previously would run about 140/90 and now it stays right around 120/75. I take 1000mg a day of hawthorn and 1000mg a day of olive leaf. I have no noticeable side effects so far.

Great for rapid Heartbeat...you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Posted by PracticalReviews on Jun 29, 2013 | Verified Purchase

this product is amazing for balancing rapid heartbeats to the normal levels,i take it together along with Paradise Herbs Hawthorn berry Extract for a complete Synergestic herbal action,1 of each in the morning and again at bedtime for maintanance,and occasionally when i feel i need more than that....

Jarrow hawthorn 500mg

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 20, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking hawthorn berry for many years. My blood pressure was 240/120 when I first started taking hawthorn. I had tried many prescriptions but never felt good. I reserched natural found hawthorn and have been taking it ever since. My blood pressure has always been normal since. I only have to take one a day. I really have a lot of trust in Jarrow and buy Jarrow first.

LESS EFFECTIVE THAN PRODUCT THAT INCLUDES "BERRIES"

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 07, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I have liked and purchased many Jarrow products, so bought this to replace another brand of Hawthorn supplement. Unfortunately, it was MUCH LESS EFFECTIVE, even though the label information indicated it was stronger. It took time to reorder the other brand, and compare them more carefully. The product that works better FOR ME, contains Hawthorn BERRIES, this uses only flower/leaf extract. My daily testing was dramatically different using these products, and taught me not to change abruptly, or without monitoring the effect. We take supplements because they affect our health, and need to monitor their effectiveness, or side effects as carefully as we do for prescription medicines.

Hawthorn herb delivers!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 14, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Seems to do a good work in regulating the heartbeat. If your pump has a tendency to jump irregulary, I suggest you give this a try!

A life-saver!

Posted by From-the-Inside-Out on May 17, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is a wonderful product backed by good research and highly recommended. I can really tell a difference.

reduces heart palpitations

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 05, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I have taken this during stressful times in my life. Sometimes when I'm stressed there is a strong flight or fight response resulting in physical symptoms. This herb slows my roll! Because of that it gets 5 stars. After about 45 minutes of taking one or two capsules, the heart palpitations are gone & the anxiety has lessened. Some people say that Hawthorn opens the heart chakra. Who knows? It did however help relax me.

COULDN'T DO WITHOUT IT!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Can't be without this. Was having palpitations and a "racing" heart. Now only occasionally palpitations with stress. This really works! Plus, i-herb is great to work with, great prices, low shipping.......

Lowers Blood Pressure

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 09, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Dr. prescribed Amlodipine which lowered my BP to about 135/90. Since adding one 500 mg Hawthorne it averages 122/82. This will likely eliminate need for stronger or additional med. After follow up visit I may try 2 caps/day without med. I also take Jarrow Curcumin 500 mg for numerous health benefits including heart health.