Does it work? Update

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 15, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Our local hospital analysed a selection of probiotics selected from local stores. Amazingly 2 of them had absolutely no living probiotics in them and ALL of the rest of them had extremely small %'s of probiotics: instead of 16Billion, only 70 million! None of the companies had anywhere ne4ar the advertised potency.We have taken this for a couple of weeks and have not noticed any revolution. The absolute minimum necessary, to give any noticable effect is, according to public TV, 15 Billion, so if you take 4 per day it gets rather expensive: 30 days per bottle. It is a matter of faith I guess. Hope it is keeping us healthy. Millie from Canuckland

eh.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 06, 2011 | Verified Purchase

i have been using this brand of probiotics for the past few months. prior to this i was using dr. ohhira. when i first started using this brand i figured i could start out at the full four a day dosage since i have been taking good probiotics for years. the problems that i had for a good two months or so was gas and bloating. even when i lowered the dose to see if that would help anything. i don't know. i can't honestly say that this is a great probitotic. it probably does the job, but i can't tell a difference. i ordered it based on price. i couldn't afford dr. ohhira that month (i order two to four months at a time) so i tried this. i'm going to switch back to dr. ohhira for a few months and then see if it makes much of a difference.

Decent Product, But... Unclear Results

Posted by Rosiee on Jul 13, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I am interested in the probiotic products and their function in the human body. On paper, their role and potential benefits appears are numerous, but in general, they are the type of supplement, from which I rarely notice (positive) difference. I've tried LOADS of probiotic products with the hope to find one, with which I can say, that I SEE the positive impact on my health.  Several times I received samples from iHerb with this product, but a week or so taking a medium strength probiotic is way too short of a time to see any difference, so I decided to give it a shot and buy the whole thing.  I have to not, that I respect Jarrow Formulas, I use some of their other products and was left with good impression about them. Unfortunately I didn't see any results from this one after finishing one container and several blisters of testers. Maybe the dosage was not enough, maybe I was not taking it long enough, maybe the probiotic strains are not the right kind for me or maybe even it DID good for me, but I just didn't feel it.  Whatever it is, I don't plan on purchasing this particular probiotic anymore. P.S. if you live in the U.S. I strongly recommend you to try out the probiotics, that need to be refrigerated. They are shipped by iHerb in ice packs and the reason I recommend them is, that they have more active cultures, than most of their shelf-stable equivalent and you could and you could expect more fast and noticeable results.  I can't try them, because I am located far from the U.S.

High quality but contains allergens

Posted by vitality on Aug 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Excellent quality probiotic but on the pricey side and contains allergens - dairy, soy and potato starch. Very good for those without allergy issues because of the strains it contains. To make more cost effective you can take daily for a week and then only every second day, alternating with a cheaper but good brand such as Life Flora.

No problems, they help control symptoms just as my old brand did, when I take 4 daily, but...

Posted by Jodi-Hummingbird on Jun 23, 2008 | Verified Purchase

...having to pop each capsule out of a blister pack drives me crazy and I hate the waste of packaging. I also find the capsules get stuck in my throat very easily compared to every other capsule type I have ever taken, I often need to quickly drink more water a minute or so after taking these to get them down properly. The capsules are very hard and not slippery. I've never had this problem before and I take a lot of pills! What will actually stop me buying them again however is the low strength, only 4 billion isn't much when you consider iFlora offers 16 billion for far less cost (less cost than it would cost you to take 16 billion of the Jarrow). Is probably good if you are just taking them as part of a general health plan, but not if you are seriously ill and really NEED a decent large dose to prevent seious problems.

Did my research - this one is the best - this is our 3rd or 4th order

Posted by BJoyce on Aug 14, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Kept telling my husband how good these were. He finally tried them now he wants me to keep ordering for him too. :o) Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button. Edit: We are now using Dr. Mercola's Complete Probiotics and they have made a world of difference. LOVE Them. You can get them here at iHerb.

No changes

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 24, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I noticed no changes to skin or gut health after going through the 120 caps. I have bloating and eczema.

Poor Packaging

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 21, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This item I have consistently ordered from Australia for approximately 6 years now in large quantities every order placed and whilst the product is good - the packaging is poor - The Vitamins arrive after probably 2 weeks in transit and the Vitamin containers have been smashing up against one another inside the box as there is rarely sufficiently packing material to hold them in place/position securely ...not even newspaper! I have emailed iherb and raised the issue ...I was ignored! It does make one wonder just how important is the customer ?- even one who spends $100's each year! It is largely because of their packaging that I find I cannot recommend them t others in Australia as a company to rely on!

Stable Formula

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 01, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I bought the non fridge version of this product - it appears to react slower than the version that requires constant cool temp. But there is improvement.

Its ok

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I feel like this pro-biotic is not any different than most. I don't care for the excipients.