seems harsher on my nerves than Enzymatic Therapy b12

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 02, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Even when I divided up the tablet into a smaller 1,250 mcg dose it seemed much harsher than the ET brand which I use with good results.

Bad Batch, poor quality

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 23, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have been taking this brand for at least two years, but this last bottle is of very poor quality. All of them taste slightly chalky, with little cherry taste, and dissolve poorly, as compared to previous bottles, but as I get closer to the bottom of the bottle, some of them are all chalk, NO cherry taste and won't dissolve at all. I expect better from Jarrow.

I don't feel a difference

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 23, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I don't feel a difference in taking this B12. It's good that it comes in a semi-sweet lozenge, and the dosage is rather large, but it didn't help me feel any different.

Bad batch...

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 02, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I have been using Jarrow Formulas Methyl B-12, 5000 mcg for eight years. Up until now, they have been great. After years of suffering, I finally went to a doctor who knew to check my B12 level, but he didn't understand how to treat it properly. He only prescribed shots temporarily, so I started taking these vitamins to keep my level up. It worked! My level has always stayed above the highest end of the particular lab's testing range (>2000). As of 2017, something has changed about these vitamins. The taste is so horrible that I really thought I had a bad batch. As another reviewer stated, they are chalky, but it's worse than that. We also order the 1000 mcg form for our children, and those do not have the bad taste. I need the 5000 mcg (at least two per day dissolved under the tongue) to keep my B12 level up. I still do not know if I received a bad batch (two bottles of the same expiration date) or if this is a change Jarrow has made. iHerb was kind enough to allow me to send the bottles back, but I chose to keep them because I am pregnant and am unsure if there could be something wrong with these vitamins. If anything were to happen to my baby, we will have these tested. I also contacted Jarrow with my concerns but got no response. If they have made poor changes, I would just like to know. In the meantime, I have been trying other brands of Methylcobalamin but can't seem to find one that I think works well. I feel more numbness everyday. If Jarrow has not made changes and this was a bad batch, I would really like to know so that I can order a good batch. There aren't any doctors in our area who prescribe Methylcobalamin injections, so the only way I can keep my level up is by quality tablets/sublinguals.

Jarrow Formula Methyl B12, 5000 mcg

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 10, 2011 | Verified Purchase

Taste good, melts well. Should be good for me.