Best form of Methyl B-12 to take!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 11, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I was low on B-12 and taking this gave me an instant boost in energy. It effectively raised my b-12 levels (tested by my MD) and also increased my energy. Excellent product.

One of the best methyl b12s

Posted by Freddds-Active-B12-Folate on Nov 28, 2006 | Verified Purchase

I and my 3 children are hypersensitive to methyl b12. Jarrow methyl b12 is generally effective within 10 minutes and is one of the most active and effective brands we have found.

Reversed my peripheral neuropathy

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 05, 2006 | Verified Purchase

Jarrow's methylcobalamin actually reversed the early stages of idiopathic peripheral neuropathy that I was experiencing. I still take it as insurance to this day. Excellent and easy to take (sublingual).

Nanci Burnham

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 04, 2008 | Verified Purchase

This is the best and most absorbable form of B-12; you need only take one every 2-3 days; you can allow it to either dissolve in your mouth or chew it; and it tastes delicious! :) These are not like the B-12 tabs that either hang around in your mouth seemingly forever, or dissolve instantaneously. Thanks, Jarrow Folmulas, for a very good product.

great quality, works quickly

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 20, 2007 | Verified Purchase

took this when i became b12 deficient. i noticed a big difference right away. now i have tons more energy and sleep better through the night. cheaper and better than a b12 shot. more convenient too. tastes much better than other brands i've tried.

My symptoms have greatly reduced!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 26, 2017 | Verified Purchase

For the past 7-8 years, my health has just taken a huge toll. I’ve started noticing apathy, anhedonia, anxiety, mild social phobia and the one that really slayed me internally, depression. Back then, I thought about going to a psychiatrist but I just didn’t do it, simply because I was too afraid to do it, and honestly didn’t have the energy to do it. For a time, I thought that it’s normal since I’m no longer a teenager, I thought maybe this is what it means to get older ( I’m 27 now) and went on with my life for a while and tried to forget about it, but I don’t know why I just couldn’t accept it, I refused it completely, because I thought if this was true then how come I’m the only one I know of who’s suffering? And this is how it all started, the journey to reviving the real me. At first, I started reading hundreds of books, research papers, articles and pretty much everything I could get my hands on that explains the symptoms I was having. I started with the simplest thing yet hardest to accomplish, which was losing weight, and I did it, I lost 45kgs in a year, and I actually did feel a huge improvement in my health but still some if the psychiatric symptoms are still with me, and so I continued to research more and more, and the more I research, the more it becomes clear to me that the core of all evil could be nutritional deficiencies and poor diet, and so I started treating them one by one; I had low vitamin D levels so I started exposing myself to sunlight more and taking vitamin d supplement and within a month or two I felt better; I felt like my depression became somewhat more bearable than before, but still I have a host of psychiatric symptoms that I don’t have an answer to. And so here I go again trying my best to correct my diet, and anything I can’t correct, or I find difficult to achieve I take a supplement to fill in the gaps, like multivitamin and a multi-mineral. I also started exercising and going for daily jogs, and my health slowly but surely started to improve. I was left with some mild depression, anxiety some vision issues (which I wasn’t aware of until now) occasional vertigo and some unexplained shortness of breath. And this brings me to vitamin b12. You see, 2 weeks ago, I took my mom to the hospital due to some nerve problems and I noticed that her physician prescribed something called (methylcobalamin) to her ( it was intramuscular injections). I didn’t know what that was and so I started reading about it and stumbled upon a book called (Could It Be B12) I purchased the book and went on a reading binge and wow was I surprised at how many the symptoms of b12 deficiency were, and guess what? All of the symptoms I was experiencing were listed by the author! And as it turns out, according to the author, anything neurological or psychiatric, you need to rule out vitamin b12 deficiency first before taking medications, as it’s highly possible that these symptoms are a result of a deficiency in b12. And this is why I decided to include b12 to my shopping cart on Iherb. I thought since it’s water soluble, it can’t hurt. I’ve been taking it for 2 weeks now, and thus far, the results have been very welcomed! I no longer feel depressed or anxious at all! and started sleeping better, and vision-wise, I felt like colors became more intense and brighter, I felt very calm and peaceful, really, but above all, I could finally take deep breaths again! I didn’t mention this, but I had chronic allergy for years also, and for the last four days now I’ve been allergy-free! All of this in just 2 weeks! Can’t wait to see what it does long term. I apologize if this is too long or if it’s not well written, but I felt compelled to share this in hopes that it may help someone even if it’s just a single person. If you need anything contact me via [email protected]

Doing something

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 11, 2016 | Verified Purchase

First time I used it my brain fizzed - literally - and I am a meat eater! If you are a vegetarian, you really should be taking these. Even meat eaters cannot always absorb all the B12 they need from meat, so should be taking them too. My brain still gives a little fizz of welcome every single time. Is this the best brand? I don't know, as it is my first, but I do know that it is the right kind - the methyl kind, not the cyanide kind - always read the ingredients. Taste is pretty neutral. I suck mine so it dissolves slower - to minimize the brain fizz. I am not sure what it is doing (can't remember what it does), but a few prominent vegetarians have died and/or had strokes recently from lack of it, and this definitely does something.

Great product!

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jun 19, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I have been very happy with this product. It was recommended to me for stress and depression and it has been helping me with this. I have problems swallowing so the fact that these are chewable is a great relief to me.

Tried and true

Posted by iHerb Customer on Dec 03, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I've been taking oral B12 for about 8 years. I've tried just about all brands, and have settled on this as my favorite. Started here... ended here.

Not so thrilled.

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 16, 2009 | Verified Purchase

The Methyl B12 I have used in the past was small, cherry flavored, and didn't contain xylitol. This stuff, not so much - it's huge pills/logenzes, lemon-flavored, and has xylitol. I won't be buying it again. On the good side, I lucked out to have ordered powdered L-Lysine (in the jumbo can!) during one of your buy one/get one free sales the last time, and was totally delighted with it. Reordered, and missed the sale, but it's still a great product. One out of two's okay, I guess....