Helps my immune system

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jan 19, 2008 | Verified Purchase

My system was stressed from chronic Epstein Bar and Yeast, but I still caught infections which anti-biotics would not always touch and make the yeast grow. NAC made my liver happy and keeps chronic sinus infections at bay. Jarrow's time release formula seems to work much better than others.

Alcohol Poisoning Detox

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 19, 2007 | Verified Purchase

Another little know benefit of Cysteine in its various forms such as N-Acetyl Cysteine is its ability to help detoxify the liver in the case of alcohol poisoning, more commonly known as a hangover. People tend to take a NSAID (nonsterodial, anti-inflammatory drugs) like aspirin or ibuprofen after heavy drinking and before bed, it is better to take L-Cysteine, or N-A-C, so as not to add insult to injury of the liver and digestive tract.

Jarrow Formulas, NAC, 600 mg, 100 Tablets

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on Apr 06, 2009 | Verified Purchase

Clinical research has proven that L-cysteine is safer to take on a daily basis than sustained-release NAC; this powerful antioxidant should be cycled and should not be taken continuously. Please note that NAC is an altered version of L-cysteine and thus has the potential for more side effects. Please use NAC with caution and tell your physician you take this product.

Jarrow N-A-C Sustain

Posted by iHerb Customer on Nov 10, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Since oral supplementation of glutathione doesn't work, and NAC has such a short half-life, I really appreciate being able to take a time-released product (that works) rather than popping pills all day long. Helps my immune system. Wouldn't be without it.

Liver health and sinus health, too

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 29, 2010 | Verified Purchase

I've had "liver problems" my whole life -- every time a doc wants to start me on a new drug, we test my liver. I've been taking NAC Sustain for a few months, and my most recent liver panel came back clean. My doc actually said "wow." Go figure. Also, not sure about the mechanics of this, but suffer from Sinus pain and have to stay on top of it -- until I started NAC Sustain -- I can always tell when we run out -- sinus pain returns. As long as I stay on this formula, no Sinus problems. Amazing. I usually take 2-3 at night before bed, and then another 1-2 tabs in the morning before food. This stuff is amazing.

The best NAC SUPPLEMENT, and one of the best free-radical fighters,

Posted by iHerb Customer on Mar 19, 2011 | Verified Purchase

The time-release function of this supplement really hits on target for creating a superior formula. MAke sure you take this if you care at all about oxidation in your body. Many antioxidants are very useful, and target different free-radicals, in different parts of the body. However nothing, even arguably ALA, can come close to the effects of NAC! Nac's action on the human system is global, and it has hundreds of receptors for free-radicals once converted to GLutathione. Other anti-oxidants don't approach this! Take with Alpha-lipoic acid to help recycle protection further. I would also says Ascorbyl Palmitate is a good idea! My usually pale skin was visibly pink again within days to to the positive action of NAC. It does wonders for the skin and hair.

Great for detoxing

Posted by iHerb Customer on Feb 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I think this is the best form of NAC on the market. NAC is the precursor to reduced glutathione. This helps the body detox many different substances. I'm chemically sensitive and have elevated copper levels, and this has helped with both conditions.

Jarrow NAC

Posted by CriticalReviewer on Nov 29, 2009 | Verified Purchase

My doctor prescribed a theraputic dose of NAC to aid with a lung condition. It always gave me a headache, until I began using NAC by Jarrow. With their sustained release product, I no longer get the headaches.

Makes aging a little easier

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 27, 2009 | Verified Purchase

As a precursor to glutathione, a major detoxifier in the lungs and liver, NAC helps in everyday living. But NAC itself helps to breakdown alcohol directly and makes hangovers all but disappear. I recommend taking two before drinking with a full glass of water and two before going to bed. The next morning will be too late!!! Have fun thirtysomethings!

extrememly beneficial

Posted by iHerb Customer on Jul 11, 2012 | Verified Purchase

a few years back, i discovered that i was living in a house with mold. it was terrible......... experiencing allergy like symptoms during non allergy times of the year, and never understood why i was sneezing and wheezing constantly. when i diagnosed the problem, i started mega dosing with vitamin C, NAC and a few other glutathione precursors. in doing this, it gave me my health back to where i could regain some semblance of my life. i like the idea for the sustained release, but i also used other standard version forms of NAC. i found this version allowed me to swallow less pills over the course of a day, and became a little more cost effective in the long run. these type of supplements are fantastic to counter the effects of our polluted and contaminated world