Very good pu-erh tea

Posted by 4915408194290932743 on Mar 26, 2016 | Verified Purchase

Just A Leaf organic Pu-Erh tea. I’ve tried pu-erh tea purchased from my local Chinese-run grocer, several years ago. I was instructed by my Chinese medicine practitioner to put a few grains in a cup (or thermos) and top up with boiling water; sip it throughout the day to warm the inner body/lungs/organs. The Just A Leaf pu-erh tea: so far, each day, between meals, I’m making it, 2 heaped teaspoons in a teapot (this makes 2 cups of tea). Drinking it black; strong. It has a mild flavour, very pure. Warming. It is also giving me energy – was not expecting that. I’m battling digestive issues, trying to do a parasite cleanse; exhaustion, insomnia, allergies and a range of other health issues. After drinking this tea, I find I have the energy to get up, get moving and get productive for a few hours. It’s a very good quality tea. Would buy again. UPDATE: I now line up three cups, and make the first cup (using 1/4 tsp of the tea, placed in a tea strainer/pod) and let it steep for about 10 minutes. Then I transfer the tea (in its strainer/pod) to the second cup and immediately pour boiling water over it, to make the second cup. Let it steep for 8-10 mins. Then do the same, to make the third cup. Good benefits from drinking these three cups of the tea, first thing in the day. Better concentration, alertness, stamina, energy levels in general, plus digestion much improved. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT! Further update: It has a mild caffeine effect. Much less than the teas/coffee I was drinking in the past. Does not cause the jitters/nerves. Very good product IMO.

Nice

Posted by 5141081430196077215 on Mar 30, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Have yet to notice any health benefits as I've had less that 3 cups so far but I like it

Really good

Posted by 5276045859650653499 on Apr 16, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I'm a tea addict, I drink up to 10 cups a day. I tasted a high quality pu ehr a few months ago, but decided to buy something more affordable. I liked this tea, it has a strong taste and aroma, and it does help digestion after a meal. Bottom line, great value for money.

Great tasting tea for a good price

Posted by 5234490667773310898 on Jun 20, 2017 | Verified Purchase

No complaints. I enjoyed this.

Excellent Pu-erh Tea

Posted by Reviewer1074416 on May 03, 2017 | Verified Purchase

Very good quality and tasty tea. I'll definitely buy again.

Great black puerh

Posted by Reviewer3277598 on Jun 04, 2016 | Verified Purchase

I love puerh and I drink it often. My favourite is loose leaves black puerh. And this is a really good choice.

I regret buying it.

Posted by Reviewer2701928 on May 01, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I wish I could recommend this tea, but here is the thing: my spouse positively hates it. The Kombucha scoby I tested this on absolutely hates it, too. It seems that this tea suppresses the fungi that jump-start the fermentation. Not even adding cane sugar and black tea could speed things along—no scoby wants to grow from the mother scoby once this tea is in the vessel. I regret buying it.

worst tea ever!

Posted by 5696700611154607679 on Nov 21, 2016 | Verified Purchase

can not be used, has a fishy smell