I stopped using because companies cannot track where palm oil comes from.

Posted by Reviewer3255124 on Jan 30, 2013 | Verified Purchase

This contains palm oil and the company that regulates where the palm oil is sourced is considered unreliable. So companies cannot know where their palm oil is sourced even though they make the claim. This is important because palm oil production is driving orangutans to extinction. So I switched to Kiss My Face olive oil soap, which I ended up liking better anyway.

wonderful smell

Posted by blabla on Aug 30, 2012 | Verified Purchase

This soap has a great natural smell and foams really well, even better than products with synthetic foaming agents such as sodium laureth sulfate. I like that it has a minimum of ingredients and the price is affordable.

kirkks original coco castile soap

Posted by Reviewer2107866 on Apr 12, 2010 | Verified Purchase

Totally love this product, cannot buy here in Australia.Have given a cake to a friend to try so we will no doubt be ordering more.Purchased from a drug store while on hols in Hawaii in Nov 2009 and fell in love with it. I have relly dry skin and this is the first bar of soap I have been able to use without my skin itching

Just like any other soap bar

Posted by Reviewer1590074 on Mar 08, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I can't say I agree with all the praise given in the reviews. It's just like any other soap bar. The scent is ok. I usually use liquid soap, and using this bar soap my hands have never felt drier. But most of all I'd like to warn: My shower floor have never been so slippery. Not recommended if this could be a problem.

About the purest, most hypoallergenic soap widely available

Posted by Reviewer2755762 on Aug 01, 2010 | Verified Purchase

This is still about the purest, least bothersome bar soap that can be inexpensively purchased in this country in significant quantities on a regular basis. It has the most basic mild "soap" smell you're likely to encounter anywhere. Do not confuse the Kirk's brand of castile soap with that made by Caswell-Massey; the latter is much more expensive and is just not the same. Unfortunately these 4 oz. bars don't last very long (especially if you shower frequently as I do), but when you consider how natural the ingredients are, it really makes you wonder about the type of chemicals they use in store-bought bar soap that lasts twice as long or longer.

So Pure

Posted by Reviewer2688941 on Jun 07, 2010 | Verified Purchase

After trying many different natural-type soaps, I have settled on the purest of them all, Kirk's Castile. The lather is unbelievably creamy, and it makes your skin feel great. iHerb's price is really good, too.

gentle on skin

Posted by kanaca on Sep 03, 2013 | Verified Purchase

Great lather, stays firm in a soggy shower room. Also strong enough to help keep foot fungus at bay, when using overly "gentle" soap from the co-op on the rest of my body. But Kirk's is gentle enough to use every day, everywhere.

Great soap

Posted by Reviewer2358529 on Dec 20, 2011 | Verified Purchase

I have been trying to buy a soap free with dyes, franrances, various things that I don't want on my body when my desire is to be clean. This soap is one that I hope to have around me for years to come. It feels moist, cleans and smells great. The entire family loves it!

Kirk's Original Coco Castile Soap

Posted by Reviewer2862163 on Apr 06, 2012 | Verified Purchase

I love this soap and have introduced several people to this product. It lathers great and rinses so clean. The only drawback is that it does not last long, but then it has no chemicals and is pure and that is a blessing. I am so grateful and happy that I was introduced to this wonderful product.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer1501933 on Jun 23, 2012 | Verified Purchase

Second time buying this soap - great ingredients listing, so simple. Great price, can't go wrong.