concerned about the acids in Brite Eyes 111

Posted by iHerb Customer on Sep 22, 2014 | Verified Purchase

I am almost through the second little bottle of Brite Eyes III and plan to not continue its use as I think it may be counter productive. I find the stinging that the drops cause make my eyes water so much that possibly any benefit that might have been washes out. I do not understand why the boric acid and citric acid would be put in eye drops to cause such a result. I have read Ocluvet for dogs doesn't have these acids. I would appreciate any comments.

Eye drops impossible to open and drip into eyes

Posted by iHerb Customer on Apr 20, 2014 | Verified Purchase

This is one of several companies making these NAC eyedrops - for cataracts. These bottles are cheaply made and the hole made by screwing the cap down is always different in size AND SHAPE so that either no drops come out or I get doused like with a garden hose. Every other company makes proper bottles. Why can't Lief Extension also put these drops into a good bottle?

Brite Eyes

Posted by iHerb Customer on Aug 07, 2008 | Verified Purchase

I have a diabetic dog that has lost much of his eyesight due to diabetic cataracts. This product has 1% N-Acetyl Carnosine, which according to some research has been helpful in reversing cataracts. Din-Din has been on the Brite eyes treatment for about 3 weeks now, and I have noticed a very slight shrinking of the cataracts in one of his eyes. It is too early to determine if it is working, but we remain hopeful.

Brite-Eyes Use:

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 23, 2009 | Verified Purchase

I have used this product twice every day for nearly two years on dog with cataracts, small and developing. The cataracts are now severe and nearing the point of blindness. The first 6 months appeared to have slowed the development but now seems to have no affect. The product was touted as being able to reduce and eliminate cataract development. I believe it is no longer of real benefit to the dog.

Brite Eyes III

Posted by iHerb Customer on Oct 11, 2008 | Verified Purchase

Doesn't appear to work for clearing cataracts.

Not for me, no result.

Posted by CarbonCyclist on Dec 09, 2017 | Verified Purchase

I'm 55 years old and have difficulty reading since couple of years. I tried this product and hoped to improve my vision a little. Unfortunately no result at all. This product isn't cheap either so I'm a bit disappointed. It might help in some cases but I better buy a pair of glasses.

Not sure if it works.

Posted by essentiahealing on Jul 12, 2017 | Verified Purchase

My vet recommended this for my dog's mature cataract. Not sure if it works because she's already way too advance and can't see at all. Check out my iherbs page for more reviews!